• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original Art Aficionado [New Article - 1/12/17]
2 2

491 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, O. said:

New Article - 29/6/18

The final weekly instalment of OA Aficionado has been published!

https://comicbookinvest.com/2018/06/29/original-art-aficionado-5/

Thanks for all of your writing, Richard! I'm certain you've brought many people into the hobby. Looking forward to more commentary from you in whatever form it takes.

15 hours ago, O. said:

New Article - 14/9/18

Report on ComicLink's September 2018 Featured Auction is up!

https://comicbookinvest.com/2018/09/14/original-art-aficionado-6/

Nice rundown on the auction.  Just out of curiosity, what were your views on the Sam Kieth items and where they ended?  Great fan base, interesting art, but confusing when it comes to pricing.  The market for his works reminds me of Bill Sienkiewicz's before it exploded in pricing.

Edited by Lucky Baru

Thanks for your support everyone:bigsmile: I'll try to continue periodically publishing articles!

On 9/16/2018 at 6:47 AM, Lucky Baru said:

Nice rundown on the auction.  Just out of curiosity, what were your views on the Sam Kieth items and where they ended?  Great fan base, interesting art, but confusing when it comes to pricing.  The market for his works reminds me of Bill Sienkiewicz's before it exploded in pricing.

I thought the Wolverine/Hulk pages all clearing $1k was a solid performance, given they're from the less desirable 2002 series with somewhat cartoonish content. Kieth's 1st and 2nd run MCP OA is already pricey, but I agree they still have room to grow.

On 9/17/2018 at 4:20 AM, Peter L said:

Wow thanks to this thread I just discovered your great column!

Hope you enjoy the articles!

On 9/25/2018 at 5:39 PM, Lucky Baru said:

Surprising that there wasn't conversation on the pricing of the Comic Connect auction that ended about a month ago.  I might be wrong, but it seemed that the Walking Dead results were less than stellar.

Fair amount of convo in Comics General about how WD appeal is being hurt as the show further degenerates.  Prices will keep correcting unless/until the franchise somehow proves it has staying power.

On 9/26/2018 at 8:39 AM, Lucky Baru said:

Surprising that there wasn't conversation on the pricing of the Comic Connect auction that ended about a month ago.  I might be wrong, but it seemed that the Walking Dead results were less than stellar.

IIRC none of the Adlard pages had Walkers in them. I have a feeling that solid Adlard Walker and key event pieces still retain most of their value; it's the blah pages which have fallen. 

The Moore #2 page 2 splash did take a huge bath, selling for $8.9k compared to $14.1k two years back. Moore WD OA prices are still stable though - this particular splash just had been shopped around too often.

8 hours ago, O. said:

IIRC none of the Adlard pages had Walkers in them. I have a feeling that solid Adlard Walker and key event pieces still retain most of their value; it's the blah pages which have fallen. 

The Moore #2 page 2 splash did take a huge bath, selling for $8.9k compared to $14.1k two years back. Moore WD OA prices are still stable though - this particular splash just had been shopped around too often.

That splash landed with me. With the "death of Shane" page, I am very happy with gathering these two prime Tony Moore pages from WD. I still read the book, and enjoy it, and could care less what happens on the TV show.

On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 4:09 AM, Sideshow Bob said:

That splash landed with me. With the "death of Shane" page, I am very happy with gathering these two prime Tony Moore pages from WD. I still read the book, and enjoy it, and could care less what happens on the TV show.

Congrats on those well-bought pieces (thumbsu