• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original Art Aficionado [New Article - 1/12/17]
2 2

491 posts in this topic

On 10/7/2018 at 3:45 AM, O. said:

New Article - 5/10/18

Recap of STGCC 2018 and an audio interview with David Finch is up!

https://comicbookinvest.com/2018/10/05/con-coverage-stgcc-2018-with-david-finch-interview/

Looking pumped, DickO!  Keep it up and you may score an invite to the annual pre-NYCC Cabal Lifting session next year! (this is really a thing... :whatthe:)

1403425106_Caballifting2.thumb.jpg.c028988b5af2150a5561cc64b6d23f75.jpg2044101137_Caballifting.jpg.0548eccf4819070b6d652f455272e74e.jpg

On 10/8/2018 at 10:29 PM, delekkerste said:

Looking pumped, DickO!  Keep it up and you may score an invite to the annual pre-NYCC Cabal Lifting session next year! (this is really a thing... :whatthe:)

Oh wow I've finally arrived :acclaim:

On 10/9/2018 at 12:19 AM, Jay Olie Espy said:

Sweet shirt. I likey. 

:cool:

Hi all, wanted to share this video interview that OA collector Michael OML did on Selling Heroes with Carbo & Anthony. His segment starts at the 1:08:45 mark:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxdvPDatR2I

And do check out Anthony & Carbo's fun show - they regularly showcase and discuss OA (thumbsu

Are you going to do anything on the Comic Connect auction that is ending?  Some interesting prices.  For example, I think the McFarlane Spitfire and the Troubleshooters page ending price made the consignor happy.  A great page that really allowed an early view of McFarlane's style.  I never knew he worked on that book until I saw that. 

The $50.00 price written at the top of the page was a great reminder of what the prices of pages used to be.xD

15 minutes ago, Lucky Baru said:

Are you going to do anything on the Comic Connect auction that is ending?  Some interesting prices.  For example, I think the McFarlane Spitfire and the Troubleshooters page ending price made the consignor happy.  A great page that really allowed an early view of McFarlane's style.  I never knew he worked on that book until I saw that. 

The $50.00 price written at the top of the page was a great reminder of what the prices of pages used to be.xD

I just took a look, almost $1K for that is insane and makes no sense!

Malvin

3 hours ago, malvin said:

I just took a look, almost $1K for that is insane and makes no sense!

Malvin

Noting that Infinity Inc "splashy" type pages sell for around $800.00 I have to agree.  The consignor was a happy person when that page ended.  Like I said, there was some interesting ending prices in that auction.

On 12/12/2018 at 3:35 AM, Lucky Baru said:

Are you going to do anything on the Comic Connect auction that is ending?

Yup my next article will cover the CLink and CC auctions!

On 12/12/2018 at 8:12 AM, First Upgrade said:

Interesting, like the ending price of the cover to DD #237 last year...

This piece will be discussed too (thumbsu

On 11/26/2018 at 12:09 AM, O. said:

New Article - 23/11/18

Report on the November 2018 Heritage Platinum and Hake's auctions is up!

https://comicbookinvest.com/2018/11/23/market-report-november-2018/

That Joe Jusko Punisher WJ was in my crosshairs but I decided to back off because I thought it was going to go higher than it did and I felt the Cockrum piece was easier to bag. That and I’m not a fan of oversized pieces—too troublesome for me to store. 

Those Punisher covers came from the Jason Taulbee collection who sold off something like 25-35 Punisher covers over the last year. This is all casual observation but very few were top notch covers that didn’t go cheap but I’m sure the winners were happy with the prices. Most of the covers were sold through Hake’s, eBay, and privately. Unless it was by Michael Golden, the covers sold anywhere between $700 and $1300. The market was able to absorb them all but there certainly were not bidding wars with the less-than-A-tier group. With Punisher covers a-plenty, anyone like me who wanted one in their collection got one, and so by the time the Jusko came around, which seems to be the last from the good batch, collectors were satiated. That’s why I think it fell below expectations. If I’m right that Taulbee has sold all his collection I’d be interested to see how often Punisher covers from the 90s era pop up and if they don’t do better, because for year it seemed like an endless supply. 

Lake Como Art Festival and LA Ultimate Comic Art and Collectibles Shows are mentioned in on the website but nothing about Big WOW! Comicfest? The interviewer needed to do more research.

Edited by Brian Peck

On 2/4/2019 at 12:14 PM, Brian Peck said:

Lake Como Art Festival and LA Ultimate Comic Art and Collectibles Shows are mentioned in on the website but nothing about Big WOW! Comicart? The interviewer needed to do more research.

See “Artist representation”. The link to Big Wow Art has been there all along.