• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original Art Aficionado [New Article - 1/12/17]
2 2

491 posts in this topic

Really pleased to see Michael Lark in your list, he's a definite favorite of mine, he's a great visual storyteller.

Yes there are so many deserving artists who merit discussion; just doing my best to throw them out there!

Another great article. Ever consider making these as youtube videos?

Thanks! Since one of the goals of this column is to educate would-be and existing collectors, in the interest of ease of reference, I think prose is preferable to video.

There's definitely scope to expand to youtube down the road though ;)

1 hour ago, O. said:

New Article - 17/2/17

Market report on last week's ComicLink Focused Auction is up!

http://comicbookinvest.com/2017/02/17/market-report-february-2017-comiclink-focused-auction/

So, you're saying it's possible to collect OA and buy pages under $200 still. 

Shocker. I wish you'd contain your articles to pieces costing $10,000 or more. I'd hate for people to think they can enter the hobby.

:jokealert:

Edited by mister_not_so_nice

lol mr nsn! There is plenty of $200ish recent/new art out there, not only that I just saw a Comico Robotech cover go for $200 last night. Not everyone's cuppa but geez man, 30yrs old, decent property, a very nice deal for those that want that stuff (I did, but got tied up and forgot to snipe, so to whomever...ENJOY IT!!)

Thanks for your support all :)

@malvin - There's an infinite supply of material, my main constraint is time!

@mister_not_so_nice - I'm overjoyed to receive comments like the one below from non-collectors who become less intimidated by OA when they find out there's plenty of affordable art out there:whee:

http://comicbookinvest.com/2017/02/17/market-report-february-2017-comiclink-focused-auction/#comment-13790

@SquareChaos - Yes, certain segments of the market seem soft lately. The current HA and CLink auctions should prove illuminating hm

6 hours ago, O. said:

Thanks for your support all :)

@mister_not_so_nice - I'm overjoyed to receive comments like the one below from non-collectors who become less intimidated by OA when they find out there's plenty of affordable art out there:whee:

http://comicbookinvest.com/2017/02/17/market-report-february-2017-comiclink-focused-auction/#comment-13790

:golfclap:

Great comment. That's how I got into OA as well. 

I got my first page for $130. At the time the book it was published in was $30-$40 book. It's hard for me to justify spending enough on a few comics as it would cost for a page of ORIGINAL art.