• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original Art Aficionado [New Article - 1/12/17]

123 posts in this topic

thanks D i ck fun article. 

Bit of feedback?   It would be interesting to hear where you come up with the value conclusions.  Comparison points, past sales etc even if its just a half sentence?    Would be at least to me lead to more thought/discussion than 'seems about right' type judgements.

3 hours ago, Bronty said:

thanks D i ck fun article. 

Bit of feedback?   It would be interesting to hear where you come up with the value conclusions.  Comparison points, past sales etc even if its just a half sentence?    Would be at least to me lead to more thought/discussion than 'seems about right' type judgements.

I agree wholeheartedly. I like his articles but they often leave me wondering why he doesn't go a little bit further...expand the depth of the analysis rather than the breadth. (This is from someone who reads "it may" as also meaning "it may not".)

Appreciate the support and feedback guys!

Where available, I include recent sales data for comparative discussion. Of course, such info is sometimes unavailable so I base my opinions on past recollections, perceived market sentiment and the foolproof gut-feel :wink:

In these auction report articles, I prefer to cover a broad range of pieces rather than focus on a handful. This exposes readers to a wider spectrum of art, hopefully hooking them on new artists and giving them a feel for the broader OA market.

For more in-depth analysis and sales data, tune in to my Artist Spotlight articles, where I have room to drill deeper into specific market segments. In fact, there's one coming next week featuring an artistic 'gem' with a 'sterling' career!

New Article - 26/5/17

Report on last week's Heritage Signature Auction is up!

https://comicbookinvest.com/2017/05/26/market-report-may-2017-heritage-signature-auction-part-1/

This also marks the Original Art Aficionado column's 6-month anniversary, with articles produced every week since 1 December 2016:bigsmile: I'd like to wholeheartedly thank all the contributors and readers for your support; here's to many more articles to come!:tink: