• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why are there so many more cgc 9.8's of GS xmen 1 than Xmen 94?

13 posts in this topic

what are the possible reasons for this?

Two reasons, I think:

1. It's a number 1. Collectors dig #1s. Collectors buy lots of #1s.

2. It's a white cover. They usually seem to be easier in high grade. X-Men # 94 is that dark green color that shows all sorts of minor imperfections.

GSXM was part of the Mile High II hoard, and UXM 94 was not.

Anecdotally, it has been proffered that GSXM was also the subject of additional warehouse finds.

From my standpoint, I think a lot of it had to do with the fact that UXM was a low selling reprint title and 94 snuck up on the world.

GSXM was part of the Mile High II hoard,

---

Did MH II really produce a lot of 9.8s when those books started getting slabbed 20+ years later?

I see MH IIs touted as such that are 8.5s

---

Did MH II really produce a lot of 9.8s when those books started getting slabbed 20+ years later?

Once people figured out about pressing they did.

---

I owned a MH II GSMX 1 at some point. I know it came back 9.4-9.8.

GSXM is exponentially more common that 94. I have found and slabbed at least 10 GSXMs in 9.2 and above, including two 9.8s. I have never owned, let alone slabbed, a 94 above 8.0. Part of the reason is that 94 guides for far more than it usually sells for in the market, but the other reason is that it's actually a pretty tough book in high grade.

---

I owned a MH II GSMX 1 at some point. I know it came back 9.4-9.8.

GSXM is exponentially more common that 94. I have found and slabbed at least 10 GSXMs in 9.2 and above, including two 9.8s. I have never owned, let alone slabbed, a 94 above 8.0. Part of the reason is that 94 guides for far more than it usually sells for in the market, but the other reason is that it's actually a pretty tough book in high grade.

This, and of course the black cover.

---

Once people figured out about pressing they did.

Unfortunately true . . . .