• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are any of the new 52 #1's worth picking up at this point?

41 posts in this topic

The market is over-saturated with these variants and this one is already a few years old. Capullo and Snyder were a great team but aren't know for their covers like Dell'Otto or a Campbell. The signatures are nice but those two are going anywhere and sign a ton of stuff.

Question, have either Campbell or Dell'Otto ever done interior art for a comic?

I'm genuinely curious to see how all these different variants do decades into the future.

Per Square's post, they have done a ton of books each.

To your point though, I think the variants will be worth equal to or only slightly more than the regular versions in the not so far future. Some of them are trading for ridiculous prices now, but there are literally hundreds of versions printed monthly as the large publishers cash in on the trends. There are a few variants that people collect hard-core, but they are small in numbers. It will take a buying/selling cycle or two for the prices to normalize (everyone buying in after the original sale overpaid and will list to try and recoup as much as possible), but they will come down.

I wouldn't be investing in them at all. Per an earlier post, the only way to make money on them is to buy at cover and flip quick.

lol, was just curious. Their variant covers get talked about a lot but thus far I've never seen any mention of comics they've done interior art for. I do think I might have known JSC worked on Gen 13 as one of my friends avidly collected that title.

I'm not looking to invest in comics at all and I don't really have the temperament for business anyway. As I have neither knowledge and skill, comic book investing would just be a sure fire way for me to collect tons of with little value that I'm not even remotely interested in. As it is, I don't seem to have enough time to read all the stuff on my TBR pile. I just buy what I like to read or covers that catch my fancy (at reasonable prices) and if they appreciate, then I'll just count myself lucky. My primary investment (Vanguard TR 2040) is quite boring and VHT (Vanguard Health Care ETF) is pretty much as far as my speculating goes (at least using actual cash). :D