• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A sales thread for Roshni - A MESSAGE OF THANKS FROM KOLKATA
3 3

122 posts in this topic

93f9083b-763f-41cf-afb4-a521137beb74_zpsjtfrfvid.jpg

Fuzzy picture, but this is the high quality print of Terrific #5 by Comics Archive from 1998.

It's on heavy stock and the total size measures 18"x12"

Vivid colors and quality production values. Condition is near perfect.

Cant find any info on current value, and dont even recall what I paid all those years ago.

So I will put it up at $150, with free shipping, and see what happens. Whatever I paid was a lot less than that, but it seems to be a rare item these days. If I've made wrong assumptions and my asking price is egregious please dont hesitate to let me know!

Oh, and it is a limited edition - print 62 of 100.

The image is razor sharp - any smearing is a result of camera shake.

I'll be very sorry to see it go.

Thanks for the new listings guys! Cant describe how much it warms my heart.

I'm keeping Roshni up to speed with developments and they cant quite believe that we have gotten so far so quickly with the scholarships. Combining this thread with yesterday's donations, we now have 5 of 15 scholarships secured!

Unbelievable!

I went to bed in the early hours daydreaming of a string of lights stretching all the way from Kolkata to the West Coast, and woke up to find it is real.

In less than 24 hours we've sold a total of $1887 worth of booty, with only a handful of lots as yet unsold.

I had already received two donations from other boardies: of $250 towards the scholarships; and $300 towards web site upkeep, development and maintenance (which is equally essential.)

In total on the boards we've raised $2437.

Of this, $2137 is towards the scholarships.

XE Currency Converter calls this Rs144,092.

Broadly speaking we have 10-12 scholarships in the bag. (We estimate the scholarships will cost between Rs12,000 and $15,000 each, depending on how much we have to stretch the funds.)

Luke's parents, Rita & Phil, want to fund a scholarship too. (In fact Rita is now offering to sell her jewellery to cover another.)

So the 15 scholarships are very nearly covered.

Roshni also needs to cover the costs of:

Teaching materials

Utilities for the new base

Travel costs for voluntary teachers

Various unspeakable fees levied on charitable concerns by the Indian Government.

I am going to ask Purnabha for an estimate on these costs, and I will keep the thread going a while longer if possible.

I have suggested that Roshni start a membership scheme for local kids and women for the sake of pride and solidarity (Dont mess with me, I'm Roshni!)

Everyone who contributed here, buyers and sellers (and who donated earlier) is now hereby an honorary member of Roshni, and will in due course get a shiny but very cheap looking badge or certificate (or if you are very lucky indeed, a shiny toy) we havent yet designed to prove it.

Peace.