• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A sales thread for Roshni - A MESSAGE OF THANKS FROM KOLKATA
3 3

122 posts in this topic

So, having checked with Purnabha...

To round out our plans for the coming year, we are now looking for:

3 remaining scholarships @Rs15000 each = Rs45,000 ($668)

Plus additional costs as follows:

Teaching materials Rs10,000

Utilities for the new base Rs14,000

Travel costs for voluntary teachers Rs12,000

Fees to Indian Govt (specifically for 80G, which enables 80% tax exemption for Indian donors to Roshni) - Rs15,000

Total = Rs51,000 ($756)

Will list more lots later today.

I'd like to donate 2 pieces of GA art.

One is a page from Master Comics #118 p.46 Carl Pfeufe/John Jordan Tom Mix $175 shipped in the US, out of the US, I'll split the shipping

masters%20page.jpg

Sad Sack and the Sarge #68 p.3 Original Art $65 shipped in the US, out of the US, I'll split the shipping

sad%20sack%20page.jpg

One is a page from Master Comics #118 p.46 Carl Pfeufe/John Jordan Tom Mix $175 shipped in the US, out of the US, I'll split the shipping

masters%20page.jpg

Sad Sack and the Sarge #68 p.3 Original Art $65 shipped in the US, out of the US, I'll split the shipping

sad%20sack%20page.jpg

I'll take both.

Thank you, Sha.

And thank you, Michael.

BTW, I went to see the movie "Lion" last night. What an incredible, incredible movie. It totally blew me away. I cannot recommend it enough.

The reason I mention it is because it has "something" to do with Michael's charitable work here.

On this forum, we love superhero movies (nothing wrong with that). But to be an actual superhero for people in need is something else indeed.

masters%20page.jpg

sad%20sack%20page.jpg

I'll take both.

Thank you, Sha.

And thank you, Michael.

BTW, I went to see the movie "Lion" last night. What an incredible, incredible movie. It totally blew me away. I cannot recommend it enough.

The reason I mention it is because it has "something" to do with Michael's charitable work here.

On this forum, we love superhero movies (nothing wrong with that). But to be an actual superhero for people in need is something else indeed.

Thanks for the heads up on that movie - I had not heard of it.

Every railway station in India has its share of so-called 'Platform Children'. What happens to most of them takes you to the very heart of darkness.

War at Sea Picture Library 30 of 36 issues. (Missing #10, #12, #14, #23, #35, #36)

Strongly written, gritty UK digests circa 1963, with black and white interiors, and frequently great artwork. Great reading for fans of war comics.

Grades vary - some are in great shape, none are dogs. Say, vf to vg. The early issues are in nice shape. (Please note that these were manufactured with an iron staple at the spine, which invariably rusts. Since they are almost never found without this problem, it is generally discounted when grading them.)

Estimated value $300. Offered here for $200 with free shipping anywhere in the world.

20161208_195405_zpstfstbfbp.jpg

20161208_195415_zpsfonlzv86.jpg

20161208_195421_zpsmxbbsngy.jpg

https://bookpalace.com/PicLibs/WaratSea/INDEX.HTM

FF 36 and 67 with bonus 10 Bronze Run-Filler books (total 12 book lot) for a $75.00 SOLD

All to Roshni, I will cover shipping worldwide.

The 10 Bronze Age books are:

Fantastic Four 131 6.5

Fantastic Four 165 9.0

Marvel Super Heroes 34 6.5

Master of Kung Fu 27 8.0

Incredible Hulk 185 7.0

Incredible Hulk 194 7.5

Incredible Hulk 199 7.0

Thor 201 5.5

Thor 227 6.0

Marvel Double Feature 15 7.5

Scans and grader's notes for the FFs below, scans and grader's notes are available for the Bronze books by request.

Fantastic Four 36 3.5 (all attached; intermittent spine splits top 2”; mod edge wear; cb & ncb surface wear fc & bc; cb crnr crse ur fc; faint partial cb crnr crse br fc; cb crnr crses ul & bl bc)

FF-36-fc_zpsije7cj11.jpg

FF-36-bc_zpszpi9zzyj.jpg

Fantastic Four 67 5.0 (mod spine & edge wear; sm localized stains ur quad fc; partial cb crse ul crnr fc; cb & ncb crses/folds br crnr fc; ink transfer stains br crnr fc; sm tear r-edge fc; sm ink marks btm edge & r-edge fc; mod foxing fc & bc & interior cvrs; cb crses bl crnr bc; ink transfer bc)

FF-67-fc_zpskjnummls.jpg

FF-67-bc_zpsw38ythjc.jpg

Edited by crassus

FF 36 and 67 with bonus 10 Bronze Run-Filler books (total 12 book lot) for a $75.00 Donation

Fantastic Four 131 6.5

Fantastic Four 165 9.0

Master of Kung Fu 27 8.0

Incredible Hulk 185 7.0

Incredible Hulk 194 7.5

Incredible Hulk 199 7.0

Thor 201 5.5

Thor 227 6.0

Scans and grader's notes for the FFs below, scans and grader's notes are available for the Bronze books by request.

Fantastic Four 36 3.5 (all attached; intermittent spine splits top 2”; mod edge wear; cb & ncb surface wear fc & bc; cb crnr crse ur fc; faint partial cb crnr crse br fc; cb crnr crses ul & bl bc)

FF-36-fc_zpsije7cj11.jpg

FF-36-bc_zpszpi9zzyj.jpg

Fantastic Four 67 5.0 (mod spine & edge wear; sm localized stains ur quad fc; partial cb crse ul crnr fc; cb & ncb crses/folds br crnr fc; ink transfer stains br crnr fc; sm tear r-edge fc; sm ink marks btm edge & r-edge fc; mod foxing fc & bc & interior cvrs; cb crses bl crnr bc; ink transfer bc)

FF-67-fc_zpskjnummls.jpg

FF-67-bc_zpsw38ythjc.jpg

:takeit:

Thank you.

FF 36 and 67 with bonus 10 Bronze Run-Filler books (total 12 book lot) for a $75.00 Donation

Fantastic Four 131 6.5

Fantastic Four 165 9.0

Master of Kung Fu 27 8.0

Incredible Hulk 185 7.0

Incredible Hulk 194 7.5

Incredible Hulk 199 7.0

Thor 201 5.5

Thor 227 6.0

FF-36-fc_zpsije7cj11.jpg

FF-36-bc_zpszpi9zzyj.jpg

FF-67-fc_zpskjnummls.jpg

FF-67-bc_zpsw38ythjc.jpg

:takeit:

Thank you.

^^ You guys are awesome.