• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Original Comic Art history....

11 posts in this topic

I think such a book would be a good idea, but a publisher like TwoMorrows might question whether there is a large enough audience to support a 1,500+ copy print run, if one wanted to go down that sort of road. There are online resources out there that could constitute a history of comic art, including, if I do say so, my www.comicartads.com website. The Comics Journal, Al Bigley, and Jim Shooter, to name a few, have also posted information online related to the "history" of original comic art on their blogs and websites. Best, Lee

A brief, but pretty informative history of original comic art is in Comics: Between the Panels by Mike Richardson & Steve Duin.

Thanks for this recommendation. Hadn't seen it before. Steve Duin is a long-time columnist for The Oregonian and has covered comics and comics art over the years. He was the first guy (that I can recall, anyway) to write about the N.P. Gresham situation at HA as it relates to our hobby.

Will keep an eye out for this book.

A brief, but pretty informative history of original comic art is in Comics: Between the Panels by Mike Richardson & Steve Duin.

Thanks for this recommendation. Hadn't seen it before. Steve Duin is a long-time columnist for The Oregonian and has covered comics and comics art over the years. He was the first guy (that I can recall, anyway) to write about the N.P. Gresham situation at HA as it relates to our hobby.

Will keep an eye out for this book.

Weird coincidence: he just posted in the GA forum about original art!