• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A muck-encrusted mockery of a thread: House of Secrets 92 Club
3 3

105 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, comicartfan said:

I found out that the HOS 92 I bought off from Bob Storms is coming back CGC 9.0 white pages !! 

I don’t have a scan yet but here it is in it’s raw state 

White Pages is a major score!! :banana: 

32 minutes ago, comicartfan said:

I found out that the HOS 92 I bought off from Bob Storms is coming back CGC 9.0 white pages !! 

I don’t have a scan yet but here it is in it’s raw state 

70433D9E-8E06-49C7-9282-A3D578A2D870.jpeg

yep, that's purty!

What did Bob have it graded at?  Spot-on, or did you get a deal?

Here's mine, before and after slabbing. This is my third copy over the years, maybe I'll hang onto it this time!

Photo Mar 11, 7 19 00 PM.jpg

IMG_8748.JPG.1df499f77a3e75d0d0f70328c2c9b4f9.jpg

7 minutes ago, shiverbones said:

I have had 3 too, keeping my latest

yeah, I hated to give up my first copy, which I bought when I worked at a comic shop 20+ years ago, and was my prized possession. Graded at a 7.5, but sold it during a stretch where I didn't have much choice. Bought a beater copy later, but sold it as it wasn't as pretty as I liked. Got a pretty good deal on this one a couple of years ago, just got around to slabbing it this summer. I think it's my keeper unless I find a nicer one at a bargain, or I decide there's something else I want more (which is always a possibility with me. I have wandering eyes from time to time.)

23 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

yeah, I hated to give up my first copy, which I bought when I worked at a comic shop 20+ years ago, and was my prized possession. Graded at a 7.5, but sold it during a stretch where I didn't have much choice. Bought a beater copy later, but sold it as it wasn't as pretty as I liked. Got a pretty good deal on this one a couple of years ago, just got around to slabbing it this summer. I think it's my keeper unless I find a nicer one at a bargain, or I decide there's something else I want more (which is always a possibility with me. I have wandering eyes from time to time.)

my first Was $40, second $175, and this one a lot more. I see the  pattern, not selling again

On 10/15/2019 at 3:25 PM, shiverbones said:

my first Was $40, second $175, and this one a lot more. I see the  pattern, not selling again

I paid $175 for my first one, which was a lot at the time, I was 19 or 20 and working at a comic shop, so I didn't have a lot of cash. Had to put it on layaway. Loved that book. Got it slabbed a few years later and sold it. A few years ago I bought a beater for around $150, but was never happy with it. I also paid up for this copy, but luckily got it before the run up in price of the last year or so. 

Thanks! This one came back an 8.5 with OW/W pages. There is a VERY slight DS on B/c. I think I still have my 9.2 White I bought from Roy about 7 or 8 years ago and I have a 9.0 white pager lying around somewhere. Can't find them in the stack o' comics. This book was always my grail and I can't seem to pass it up when I get a good deal. I am waiting for the book to uptick to sell a copy or two.