• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Favourite threads of 2016

17 posts in this topic

So we are getting close to another year over and I wanted to reflect on my favourite threads on the cgc boards of 2016. Of course I will always love my Moon Knight thread but there is a few other threads that pretty much why I check in here and there to see whats going on.

The first thread that I always like checking out is in the copper section and that is the G.I. JOE THREAD YO JOE!!!!!! thread. This thread I really like because of the nostalgia being that I grew up on G.I Joe and always great to see all the different books people find, showing off their sketch art books and whatever else Joe related. Lot of great people in this thread helping each other with their Joe comic book collecting.

The next thread I always like checking out is the Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here thread in comics general. This thread is all around fun and great to see what people are finding on their journeys. Always nice to see things from all different eras that are just not only comics but toys, games and all types of other goodness. Also the knowledge that is shared on a vast variety of items is very vast. I look forward to checking in on this thread in 2017 and the future.

Anyways just wanted to share what my favourite threads are and look forward to hearing what your favourite threads of 2016 are.

:)

It would be hard to talk about threads in 2016 without mentioning the new case threads, so I’ll add that one. I honestly enjoyed it because it was a launch that showcased a lot of what happens in new product development, and in this case, very cool because the collectors were so involved in that discussion. We were all eager to talk about the pros/cons we saw, and how CGC would adapt to their customer feedback. For me, it also gave me an opportunity to see first-hand how CGC deals with servicing its customers, and I had a great experience with that. So yeah, a favorite of mine, not so much for the fun factor (although some of the posts were entertaining), but rather the impact it had on the comic community this year.