• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPIDER-MAN 2 from Marvel & Sony (7/5/19)
4 4

705 posts in this topic

42 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

Also wasn’t the rumor at some point hydroman was in this?

Quite possibly old news on this forum but in the first trailer, "ASM 212" is on a boat in the background.  ASM 212 is of course the 1st appearance of Hydro-Man.

Spider-Man: Far From Home

4 minutes ago, sagekilz said:

Quite possibly old news on this forum but in the first trailer, "ASM 212" is on a boat in the background.  ASM 212 is of course the 1st appearance of Hydro-Man.

Spider-Man: Far From Home

Yup. That was noted. But still a cool callout and a nice touch. :banana:

3 hours ago, Larryw7 said:

I haven't really liked a Spidey movie since Raimi's SPIDER-MAN 2. I hope this one is good(the trailer isn't very promising).

Same here. Some good parts here and there in #3, and the two Garfield ones had aspects to commend them, but I'd go as far as to say that the new ones actually make me dislike Spidey, so far are they from the original spirit of the character. Ditto the supporting cast.

18 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Same here. Some good parts here and there in #3, and the two Garfield ones had aspects to commend them, but I'd go as far as to say that the new ones actually make me dislike Spidey, so far are they from the original spirit of the character. Ditto the supporting cast.

Raimi's Spider-Man 3 Sandman origin story and in the end how he tied into Uncle Ben's death are the very positive spots that I appreciate. If only Sony could release a 'Avi Arad Can Shove His Venom' Cut and narrow it down to those characters.

12 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Raimi's Spider-Man 3 Sandman origin story and in the end how he tied into Uncle Ben's death are the very positive spots that I appreciate. If only Sony could release a 'Avi Arad Can Shove His Venom' Cut and narrow it down to those characters.

Yeah, I've said it before - there was a great film buried in the final cut. It made the most money, but was the least cohesive in my view. A Venom free 3, leading to a Goblin / MJ death 4, would've been a great trilogy +1. What's the trilogy equivalent of four by the way? hm 

22 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Yeah, I've said it before - there was a great film buried in the final cut. It made the most money, but was the least cohesive in my view. A Venom free 3, leading to a Goblin / MJ death 4, would've been a great trilogy +1. What's the trilogy equivalent of four by the way? hm 

'Quadrilogy'?

15 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Double-Duology?

hm

I never thought of that. And it made me look up another term.

Tetralogy

A tetralogy is a compound work that is made up of four distinct works. The name comes from the Attic theater, in which a tetralogy was a group of three tragedies followed by a satyr play, all by one author, to be played in one sitting at the Dionysia as part of a competition.

As an alternative to "tetralogy", "quartet" is sometimes used, particularly for series of four books. The term "quadrilogy", using the Latin prefix quadri- instead of the Greek, and first recorded in 1865, has also been used for marketing cinematic series, such as the Alien movies.

On 4/25/2019 at 12:54 PM, jsilverjanet said:

Ok so are we going to ignore the horrible Molten Man and focus on Mysterio?

Yes, until you have video of him in the movie and not a cheap toy.

Glad this is out soon. I thought Tobey was a great Spiderman, but Tom is the closest to the comics for me, and the first movie surprised me after going into it not hyped.

I think Holland is fine. I like him a lot in the Avengers movies. He works great with the ensemble. But his first solo flick was really irritating. It ruined the supporting cast from the comics(even though NEd and MJ are perfectly likable), and the Tony Stark relationship shouldn't replace Uncle Ben's influence. Ben hasn't been mentioned once in any of the new movies. I know we don't want to see another Origin movie, but they could at least mention Uncle Ben. Michael Keaton was great, and the films saving grace.

45 minutes ago, Larryw7 said:

I think Holland is fine. I like him a lot in the Avengers movies. He works great with the ensemble. But his first solo flick was really irritating. It ruined the supporting cast from the comics(even though NEd and MJ are perfectly likable), and the Tony Stark relationship shouldn't replace Uncle Ben's influence. Ben hasn't been mentioned once in any of the new movies. I know we don't want to see another Origin movie, but they could at least mention Uncle Ben. Michael Keaton was great, and the films saving grace.

I for one am glad we dont hear about Uncle Ben. How many times do we have to hear the same story?

On 4/27/2019 at 4:37 AM, Bosco685 said:

As part owner and CEO of Toy Biz and producer of the long-running and popular Marvel Legends line, all Avi knew is that Venom toys sold well, so he forced Raimi to include the character just because of that.  Sony pushed the solo film for pretty much the same reason.  So glad Feige is making these calls for most things now...Iger just needs to buy Sony Pictures now to get the Spider-world fully into the picture.  :taptaptap:

Edited by fantastic_four