• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPIDER-MAN 2 from Marvel & Sony (7/5/19)
4 4

705 posts in this topic

Looks like they're going to address more of the Mordo warnings from Doctor Strange.

Bosco, since you started the thread, maybe edit the title to include "Endgame Spoilers"? Since a lot of speculation and discussion will be related to what happened in that movie.

54 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Wow. That is a great trailer.

it certainly looks better than the teaser trailer

I hope they toughen Peter up he's been too whiny in the movies so far! 

26 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Looks like they're going to address more of the Mordo warnings from Doctor Strange.

Bosco, since you started the thread, maybe edit the title to include "Endgame Spoilers"? Since a lot of speculation and discussion will be related to what happened in that movie.

Due to the fine design of these boards, after a period of time (one year?), it locks down any historic posts and you can't edit those details again. :p

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

Due to the fine design of these boards, after a period of time (one year?), it locks down any historic posts and you can't edit those details again. :p

:pullhair:

Must be one of the other boards, then. We can edit the topic at any time no matter how long it's been.

Well, hopefully everyone who watches the trailer and comments/reads has seen Endgame. Honestlyly, why wouldn't you?

4 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

He's a 16-year old kid. I find him fairly realistic.

I get it!  the MCU versions are not as faithful as the 616 versions. I just look back to the early ASM days when he was 16 & had more hutzpah then the MCU counterpart but this looks like a step in the right direction for him! 

1 minute ago, comics4all said:

I get it!  the MCU versions are not as faithful as the 616 versions. I just look back to the early ASM days when he was 16 & had more hutzpah then the MCU counterpart but this looks like a step in the right direction for him! 

I just remember myself being in high school. I wanted to do what I wanted to do, and anything anyone else told me to do, I complained and rebelled. The MCU Peter Parker is more of the same. Things were different back in the days of the original ASM. Kids were raised differently. I think that we should consider ourselves lucky that he's not an entitled little :censored: who identifies as a Premium Saltine Cracker. lol

So what, Mysterio is working with Nick Fury?  Or was that some kind of ruse?  The comic version of the character has no powers, so I'm confused as to exactly how he's helping with these post-snap monsters.  ???

This is a great trailer!   “B|tch, please, you’ve been to space”... might automatically be a top ten movie line for me.  LOL

Mysterio is a still a huge misdirect, I’m sure that’s not news to anyone.

And yes... while I can’t imagine anyone is in this thread who hasn’t seen Endgame... just in case that is YOU... avoid this trailer!

(and go see Endgame, for the love of Pete! What’s wrong with you???? LOL)

Edited by fmaz

29 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

So what, Mysterio is working with Nick Fury?  Or was that some kind of ruse?  The comic version of the character has no powers, so I'm confused as to exactly how he's helping with these post-snap monsters.  ???

Imagine that you're a villain from another multiverse and you have an opportunity to start anew. Mysterio could be that same guy, looking to be a hero, but in the end is revealed for his true colors.

Or, the multiverse will be an explanation for Bizarro Hero versions of classic villains. Idk. We won't know until July. Could just be a ruse for the general audiences.

what a good trailer? now I'm wondering if Sony/ Marvel is working to build out the multiverse by using Spiderverse. maybe that's why this spiderman is removed from any future marvel phase films since his going to be dealing with Spiderverse.

I remember an interview with Ezra Miller a while back talking about Flash & how Marvel is only a universe, while DC is a multiverse.

Spoiler

I guess Marvel beat them to the punch with Spider-Man: Far from Home.

Speaking of which, imdb now lists Flash as a short instead of a movie & says it's in post production. Did they scrap it???

Edited by chezmtghut

12 minutes ago, chezmtghut said:

I remember an interview with Ezra Miller a while back talking about Flash & how Marvel is only a universe, while DC is a multiverse.

Reveal hidden contents

I guess Marvel beat them to the punch with Spider-Man: Far from Home.

Speaking of which, imdb now lists Flash as a short instead of a movie & says it's in post production. Did they scrap it???

giphy.gif

41 minutes ago, chezmtghut said:

How long ago did he say that?  Marvel has been referring to the main continuity's Earth as Earth-616 for at least 15 years, although the number originated back in the 80s.

I've never read a story I enjoyed that involved multiverses.  Ideally I'd prefer one version of every character...just keeping track of the comic version versus the film version is already more than I'd prefer to keep track of.