• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPIDER-MAN 2 from Marvel & Sony (7/5/19)
4 4

705 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

How long ago did he say that?  Marvel has been referring to the main continuity's Earth as Earth-616 for at least 15 years, although the number originated back in the 80s.

I've never read a story I enjoyed that involved multiverses.  Ideally I'd prefer one version of every character...just keeping track of the comic version versus the film version is already more than I'd prefer to keep track of.

He was logically talking about the hurdles they have been dealing with in developing a solid Flash -script (1:24 on).

He's just plain wrong.  More than that him referring to the complexity of the multiverse as a reason why a Flash solo film is delayed is just insanity.  Yea, that's how DC will get back on track, by making their stories so complex that the screenwriters have to take twice as long getting it all straight!  :idea:

51 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

How long ago did he say that?  Marvel has been referring to the main continuity's Earth as Earth-616 for at least 15 years, although the number originated back in the 80s.

I've never read a story I enjoyed that involved multiverses.  Ideally I'd prefer one version of every character...just keeping track of the comic version versus the film version is already more than I'd prefer to keep track of.

The interview was published on youtube Jan 6th 2019.

48 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Marvel has been known to be a multiverse since Doctor Strange.

The Ancient One had exposition on this subject when she met Stephen Strange.

Another good point.

45 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

He was logically talking about the hurdles they have been dealing with in developing a solid Flash ---script (1:24 on).

Wasn't the -script done but Miller wanted the film to head in a different direction & requested rewrites with Grant Morrison? I believe his contract with DC is up in May if they didn't get his --script approved.

http://collider.com/the-flash-movie-update-ezra-miller-rewriting---script/

18 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

He's just plain wrong.  More than that him referring to the complexity of the multiverse as a reason why a Flash solo film is delayed is just insanity.  Yea, that's how DC will get back on track, by making their stories so complex that the screenwriters have to take twice as long getting it all straight!  :idea:

It will really suck if Flash isn't made regardless of the reason for all of the delays, but I can't help lmao:roflmao:at the way you put it.

Edited by chezmtghut

24 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

How would you address a solid Flash movie? :popcorn:

6 minutes ago, chezmtghut said:

It will really suck if Flash isn't made regardless of the reason for all of the delays, but I can't help lmao:roflmao:at the way you put it.

:facepalm::facepalm:

2 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

How would you address a solid Flash movie? :popcorn:

By not making one.  But I'm not at all the one to ask...of all the classic Golden Age heroes, Flash is the one-trick pony I've never understood the appeal of.

11 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

By not making one.  But I'm not at all the one to ask...of all the classic Golden Age heroes, Flash is the one-trick pony I've never understood the appeal of.

I understand. If it is not your focus, you may not relate to the story details and how the studio may be attempting to convey this on the screen. I'd rather they make no Flash film if they can't get this right.

8 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

"Captain Marvel?" Right. 

"Next Iron Man?" Right again. 

It's interesting they put the "next Iron Man" line in.  This is the last film in the Sony Spider-man deal that's publicly announced; it can't be Peter Parker unless.... a new extension was signed but not announced yet.  That's possible I suppose to protect the IW cliff hanger.

5 minutes ago, 234wallst said:
8 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

"Captain Marvel?" Right. 

"Next Iron Man?" Right again. 

It's interesting they put the "next Iron Man" line in.  This is the last film in the Sony Spider-man deal that's publicly announced; it can't be Peter Parker unless.... a new extension was signed but not announced yet.  That's possible I suppose to protect the IW cliff hanger.

Woah, let's slow down a minute. Obviously Peter Parker isn't going to be the next Iron Man, literally or metaphorically. And he's not going to be Iron Spider going froward either. Spider-Man is Spider-Man, you know, the friendly neighborhood wall crawling web slinger. He's probably trying to protect the Iron Man tech or something.

16 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

Yeah, we already saw the Uncle Ben stuff twice in 15 years.

The new aspects of Homecoming were great for me. It helps that Iron Man is my favorite MCU character.

Uncle Ben is mentioned all of the time in the comics, no one is asking for another Origin story. Just keep true to the mythology.

12 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Woah, let's slow down a minute. Obviously Peter Parker isn't going to be the next Iron Man, literally or metaphorically. And he's not going to be Iron Spider going froward either. Spider-Man is Spider-Man, you know, the friendly neighborhood wall crawling web slinger. He's probably trying to protect the Iron Man tech or something.

Spider-Man will be the next Iron Man. I called it.

6 hours ago, Larryw7 said:

Uncle Ben is mentioned all of the time in the comics, no one is asking for another Origin story. Just keep true to the mythology.

There's nothing that suggests the pre-Homecoming origin is any different than we've been shown.

Obviously, Uncle Ben isn't around. We don't need to see what happened, for the 3rd time in 17 years.