• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPIDER-MAN 2 from Marvel & Sony (7/5/19)
4 4

705 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, Anfield Fox said:

You know that's not the end credit scene right? There are 2 and they actually matter to the story in a big way.

Ohhhhh - now I get why he was upset. He though that Twitter gag was real. :insane:

:blush:

Edited by Bosco685

1 hour ago, Anfield Fox said:

You know that's not the end credit scene right? There are 2 and they actually matter to the story in a big way.

shrug.

I still think it is using a comic character for a gimmicky laugh. Like fat Thor.

Perhaps I need to "lighten up Francis"

Edited by Artboy99

5 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

shrug.

I still think it is using a comic character for a gimmicky laugh. Like fat Thor.

Perhaps I need to "lighten up Francis"

Not at all. I hated fat Thor too. Just pointing out that Twitter "post credits" thing isn't in the movie.

MCU movies seem to be hit and miss with humor. Usually too much. Thought this one had the right balance (of course being Spidey he'll always weigh in on the side of more comedy).

2 hours ago, Anfield Fox said:

Not at all. I hated fat Thor too. Just pointing out that Twitter "post credits" thing isn't in the movie.

MCU movies seem to be hit and miss with humor. Usually too much. Thought this one had the right balance (of course being Spidey he'll always weigh in on the side of more comedy).

Thanks!

I have not seen the film yet, going this weekend.

Very happy to hear that isn't in the movie.

7 hours ago, Xenosmilus said:

What a great movie!!! But one thing I didn't quite get was...

Hide contents

I might have missed the reference but why wasn't SM's spider sense working at first?

I don't think they ever explicitly explained it, but my take:

Spoiler

I thought Peter was ignoring it (or even turned it off somehow) to go on vacation. 

I definitely need to watch it again to be sure. 

Seen it last night at 7PM. IMO the BEST Spider-Man movie to date. Mysterio was perfectly cast and the special effects that he used were amazing! I noticed several easter eggs throughout the movie and can't wait to see if other people seen them as well. The post credit scenes are some of the best they've had in a while and get you thinking about the future... it definitely made me say "Oh snap!"

@ExNihilo Couldn't agree more. Tom Holland is the perfect choice for Spider-Man! He plays Peter Parker so well!

Excellent movie and a great time at the theater. Classic stuff in this one. My favorite thing might be the evolving MJ-Peter relationship, though. So important to get Peter's personal life right and they do that here. The MCU in general excels at the personal lives of its heroes as that's what Marvel is all about. And Zendaya is seeing Tom Holland's awkward teenager and raising him.

Spoiler

Seeing traditional Spidey swinging over the streets of New York City at the end of the movie was the best.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

20 hours ago, Gatsby77 said:

Curious to hear what you think.

Fantastic. A 4.75/5 IMO. 2nd best MCU sequel to The Winter Soldier.

An absolute visual spectacle at times. Storytelling and humor are both great. Holland and Gyllenhaal (all the acting, really) are both phenomenal.

While I agree with the nitpick that Spider-Man is too reliant on Iron Man tech - he also proves his mettle on his own merits.

And, yes, both credit scenes are critical to the future of Spider-Man/MCU. Thanks again to @Anfield Fox for the heads-up!

9 hours ago, Xenosmilus said:

What a great movie!!! But one thing I didn't quite get was...

Hide contents

I might have missed the reference but why wasn't SM's spider sense working at first?

Spoiler

It seemed like the movie was conveying that Parker's mental focuses about "the next Iron Man" and MJ were distracting him from being able to fully use his Spidey Sense. At least that's how I understand it. After happy talked to him about Tony, and he admitted his secret and emotions to MJ, he was clear of mind to take on Mysterio.

Question for those who've seen it:

Spoiler

J. Jonah Jameson's accusing Peter of being Spider-Man in the first end-credits sequence is qualitatively different from say...Peter admitting he's Spider-Man on live TV during Civil War in the comics. And (natch) different from Tony's doing likewise re. his secret identity at the end of the first Iron Man movie.

But my interpretation is it's not a big deal because consider the source -- JJJ here is part of an online tabloid, a la "Hard Copy" in the '90s. So I doubt many people will actually believe him. Yes - it's now out there that Peter *may* be Spider-Man, but in this universe it likely has as much credibility as the National Enquirer's claiming that Princess Di is still alive and living with Elvis. Should be easy for Peter (and friends) to blow off / disprove.

Your thoughts?

1 hour ago, Gatsby77 said:

Question for those who've seen it:

Hide contents

J. Jonah Jameson's accusing Peter of being Spider-Man in the first end-credits sequence is qualitatively different from say...Peter admitting he's Spider-Man on live TV during Civil War in the comics. And (natch) different from Tony's doing likewise re. his secret identity at the end of the first Iron Man movie.

But my interpretation is it's not a big deal because consider the source -- JJJ here is part of an online tabloid, a la "Hard Copy" in the '90s. So I doubt many people will actually believe him. Yes - it's now out there that Peter *may* be Spider-Man, but in this universe it likely has as much credibility as the National Enquirer's claiming that Princess Di is still alive and living with Elvis. Should be easy for Peter (and friends) to blow off / disprove.

Your thoughts?

Spoiler

Beck said in his video that Peter Parker is Spider-Man...