• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPIDER-MAN 2 from Marvel & Sony (7/5/19)
4 4

705 posts in this topic

@Gatsby77

Spoiler

I said the same thing to my wife - It would be something like 50/50 people believing it / not believing it in that world because the Daily Bugle is considered to be like the National Enquirer, not a reliable news source. But just like in the real world, there's plenty of gullible people... I would think they'd be able to disprove it and Peter could even use E.D.I.T.H. to show footage of how it actually went down... but I believe they set it up that way for some drama in the future. I'm with you, I don't think it's a big deal and could be fixed easily but I guess we'll see how they use that in the future!!

20 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Beck said in his video that Peter Parker is Spider-Man...

Spoiler

Yeah - but again, Beck's a psychopath -- no more reliable than JJJ's TV tabloid.

It's the Last Jedi "Rey's parents" analogy. Far too many people took it at face value that Rey's parents were "nobody" when that information was conveyed to her by an unreliable source (Kylo Ren) who had *every reason* to lie to her in that moment in hopes of wooing her to join him. The simplest explanation is Kylo was lying, meaning Rey could still be a Skywalker or (more likely) a Kenobi.

In this case, both JJJ and Beck are crackpots and unreliable sources -- and most New Yorkers would realize that.

Just saying - it gives Marvel an out to have Peter keep his identity secret going forward -- if for no other reason that few would believe Spider-Man is still a high schooler.

3 hours ago, sd2416 said:

The special effects were amazing.  
The movie was horrible

trying to decide whether to see it or not.  favor:  would you give me your personal ranking of the following flicks...

FFH, suicide squad, bvs, and justice league.

37 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:
  Hide contents

Yeah - but again, Beck's a psychopath -- no more reliable than JJJ's TV tabloid.

It's the Last Jedi "Rey's parents" analogy. Far too many people took it at face value that Rey's parents were "nobody" when that information was conveyed to her by an unreliable source (Kylo Ren) who had *every reason* to lie to her in that moment in hopes of wooing her to join him. The simplest explanation is Kylo was lying, meaning Rey could still be a Skywalker or (more likely) a Kenobi.

In this case, both JJJ and Beck are crackpots and unreliable sources -- and most New Yorkers would realize that.

Just saying - it gives Marvel an out to have Peter keep his identity secret going forward -- if for no other reason that few would believe Spider-Man is still a high schooler.

Spoiler

They could also use the story where the Prowler impersonates Spider-Man on behalf of Peter. 

7/10 I liked the last Spidey film better

Spoiler

Like the first movie I felt there was too much tech involved and I feel like they are boxing in Spider-Man's story possibilities. Mysterio tied in too much to Tony Stark. There are so many Spidey villains they could done something completely separate. Also I was disappointed there wasn't Jessica Drew or even Cindy Moon as his classmate this time around. I thought some of the old or possibly new villains would have had a cameo to open up the possibility for a Super Villain team up.

35 minutes ago, Straw-Man said:

trying to decide whether to see it or not.  favor:  would you give me your personal ranking of the following flicks...

FFH, suicide squad, bvs, and justice league.

:popcorn:

1 hour ago, Gatsby77 said:
  Hide contents

1 hour ago, iggykoopa said:

@Gatsby77

Hide contents

I said the same thing to my wife - It would be something like 50/50 people believing it / not believing it in that world because the Daily Bugle is considered to be like the National Enquirer, not a reliable news source. But just like in the real world, there's plenty of gullible people... I would think they'd be able to disprove it and Peter could even use E.D.I.T.H. to show footage of how it actually went down... but I believe they set it up that way for some drama in the future. I'm with you, I don't think it's a big deal and could be fixed easily but I guess we'll see how they use that in the future!!

Spoiler

What's that quote Beck said?  "It's easy to fool people who are already fooling themself."

5 minutes ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

7/10 I liked the last Spidey film better

Hide contents

Like the first movie I felt there was too much tech involved and I feel like they are boxing in Spider-Man's story possibilities. Mysterio tied in too much to Tony Stark. There are so many Spidey villains they could done something completely separate. Also I was disappointed there wasn't Jessica Drew or even Cindy Moon as his classmate this time around. I thought some of the old or possibly new villains would have had a cameo to open up the possibility for a Super Villain team up.

I'm with you - my 3.5/5 equates (duh) to 7/10, although I thought this was easily better than Homecoming.

Spoiler

Agree that there was a missed opportunity to at least cameo / hint at the formation of the Sinister Six. After all, i was the one thinking / hoping Dmitri would be Dmitri Smerdyakov (aka The Chameleon) rather than a simple henchman.

It was also weird that they didn't follow up at all with the after-credits sequence from Homecoming, which reunited The Vulture and The Scorpion in prison.

I saw this last night @ 4pm and it was great I loved the movie still love Spider man with Tobey as my favorite Spider-man but this is very close. Andrew who???!?!? lol 

Spoiler

the only thing I didn't get was the last end credit scene with Fury on a ship... what was he doing I think the movie theatre lights glare blinded me from seeing the last second when the camera pans away from nick fury was there anything important that I missed? 

I guess I'll have to search the interwebs lol for a video of it.... 

also 9/10 for my rating as visuals were great and it was a fun different story... I a group of girls talk about it as they were walking out and saying they liked it but it seemed to kidish but guess they don't know Spider-Man is a high schooler and its more on the comedic side. 

Oh well. :popcorn:

8 minutes ago, Krishosein said:

I saw this last night @ 4pm and it was great I loved the movie still love Spider man with Tobey as my favorite Spider-man but this is very close. Andrew who???!?!? lol 

Hide contents

the only thing I didn't get was the last end credit scene with Fury on a ship... what was he doing I think the movie theatre lights glare blinded me from seeing the last second when the camera pans away from nick fury was there anything important that I missed? 

I guess I'll have to search the interwebs lol for a video of it.... 

Spoiler

I interpreted the ship as S.W.O.R.D., but am not 100% sure if that's the reference they were trying to make.

22 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

I'm with you - my 3.5/5 equates (duh) to 7/10, although I thought this was easily better than Homecoming.

Reveal hidden contents

Agree that there was a missed opportunity to at least cameo / hint at the formation of the Sinister Six. After all, i was the one thinking / hoping Dmitri would be Dmitri Smerdyakov (aka The Chameleon) rather than a simple henchman.

It was also weird that they didn't follow up at all with the after-credits sequence from Homecoming, which reunited The Vulture and The Scorpion in prison.

Spoiler

On the Wikipedia "Far From Home" page, Dimitri's name is hyperlinked to the Chameleon page; it's Wikipedia but someone thought of it too!

Edited by sagekilz

I highly enjoyed it, it was very fun but also serious.

I would give it 4.75/5.0

Spoiler

Both the credit scenes are pivotal for Spidey/MCU for sure.  Do not miss them.
I was a little disappointed though, I was hoping that the multiverse aspect was "real"  in this movie (even though it is still very possible in the movies) and that "NM" Spidey was actually Spidey Noir voiced by Nic Cage!

The direction they went though, :headbang:

SO GOOOOOD !   First half of movie was a B to B+.  The second half was a A to A+ !!!!   Loved it !!!!!!!  Oh, and so many things from the Trailer not in the movie or not in the order you think. 

Edited by Chicago Boy

1 hour ago, Kon_Jelly said:

License plate on the car that pulls up in Prague is ASM28965 - nice little nod to Molten Man there. 😊

Thank you! I saw the ASM on the plate but could not make out the numbers by the time i spotted it and was wondering which issues it was.