• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPIDER-MAN 2 from Marvel & Sony (7/5/19)
4 4

705 posts in this topic

Just now, Anfield Fox said:
  Hide contents

Did you see the 2nd post credits scene?

Aw damn

7 minutes ago, kav said:

Aw damn

I'm sure you can find it online but spoiler for 2nd post credits scene

Spoiler

It is revealed that Nick Fury in all of FFH is Talos the Skrull. The real Fury is in space. There is also a clue in the movie. Remember in Captain Marvel he says no one calls me Nick? Maria Hill calls him Nick a number of times a she is also a Skrull.

Edited by Anfield Fox

2 hours ago, kav said:

Biggest plot hole in this movie:

Hide contents

Nick Fury the most paranoid man on earth didnt vette mysterio and go um hey this guy used to work for tony stark-

Spoiler

It's explained in the post credit scene.

Edited by piper

Just saw it. A couple of thoughts...

- Loved it when Happy threw the shield.

- Throughout the whole movie I kept thinking that Fury was behaving like more of an ahole than usual. The I saw the ACS & wondered if he was supposed to come across like that.

- Was there a Stan cameo?

Liked the movie. Liked Endgame better. IMDB has a quote by (don't know) saying it's "the best superhero movie of the year". Endgame was better.

I'm not using spoiler tags. If you haven't seen the movie yet, why are you reading page 22 of this thread?

3 hours ago, kav said:

Biggest plot hole in this movie:

Reveal hidden contents

Nick Fury the most paranoid man on earth didnt vette mysterio and go um hey this guy used to work for tony stark-

Spoiler

Nobody told you about the credit scene?

:baiting:

By the way... You forgot that cover sheet on the TPS report. Didn't you read the memo?

tps_report01.JPG.554baa75a6d301996685968519481cd5.JPG

3 hours ago, Anfield Fox said:

I'm sure you can find it online but spoiler for 2nd post credits scene

Hide contents

It is revealed that Nick Fury in all of FFH is Talos the Skrull. The real Fury is in space. There is also a clue in the movie. Remember in Captain Marvel he says no one calls me Nick? Maria Hill calls him Nick a number of times a she is also a Skrull.

Spoiler

This is a lame old DC plot excuse-whenever superman was in trouble, supergirl, krypto and the JLA were 'away on a space mission'.

Ps I saw the post credit scene where JJJ told everyone parker was spider man but I didnt see any skrull post credit scene.  Was there a post post credit scene?

Edited by kav

4 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:
Spoiler

Kinda hard to do considering 

Nick Fury wasn't Nick Fury

Spoiler

I didnt see anywhere where this was shown-I didnt see it in post credits just JJJ-did I miss some post credits?  Wut happened?

Also are you saying skrulls cant do background checks on ex  Stark employees?

Edited by kav

Spoiler

I guess at this point there is clarity about a credit scene.

:nyah:

And Superman plot holes in a Spider-Man movie. To include why Superman is appearing in the movie.

(:

Edited by Bosco685

1 hour ago, kav said:
  Hide contents

I didnt see anywhere where this was shown-I didnt see it in post credits just JJJ-did I miss some post credits?  Wut happened?

Also are you saying skrulls cant do background checks on ex  Stark employees?

:bump:

On 7/5/2019 at 7:01 PM, fastballspecial said:

I enjoyed it today. Its the first Spider-man film that really made me laugh a few times.
I thought they did Mysterio well. Mary Jane grew on me to the point where I liked her at the end.

Should I feel bad for lustful thoughts about Aunt May? :x

I love calling it the "Blip" that was great.

Overall a well done film. I will really miss Samuel Jackson when he stops doing Marvel films he 
is such a treasure. That comment about Spider-man and Space was classic.

That’s not Mary Jane. “Name is short for Michelle Jones, but abbreviated in tribute to the comics’ Mary Jane Watson”

42 minutes ago, AnkurJ said:
On 7/5/2019 at 6:01 PM, fastballspecial said:

I enjoyed it today. Its the first Spider-man film that really made me laugh a few times.
I thought they did Mysterio well. Mary Jane grew on me to the point where I liked her at the end.

Should I feel bad for lustful thoughts about Aunt May? :x

I love calling it the "Blip" that was great.

Overall a well done film. I will really miss Samuel Jackson when he stops doing Marvel films he 
is such a treasure. That comment about Spider-man and Space was classic.

That’s not Mary Jane. “Name is short for Michelle Jones, but abbreviated in tribute to the comics’ Mary Jane Watson”

I honestly didn't know that I just assumed she is the new MJ. 

In my defense I am an X-Men fan so I had to force myself to go see it. lol

Edited by fastballspecial

53 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:
  Hide contents

Yes. There were two post-movie stingers. JJJ (mid-credits) and Nick Fury & Maria Hill Skrull-reveal (after the last of the credits)

thx.  I missed the last of the credits.  I wish they would settle down with this credits stuff.

Yeah - technically the new MJ is "Michelle Jones," not "Mary Jane."

But that's a small detail that's almost besides the point.

For all intents and purposes, she's the new MJ, Peter's crush / love interest - just as we had Gwen and Mary Jane in the prior trilogies.

Same situation as BvS, where the rank-and-file understood the villain was Lex Luthor, even if we comic geeks understood he was *actually* his son.

Ask 99% of the movie-goers out there, and they'd respond that each is the classic version of their respective characters, even if they look different than how they'd been previously played.

Put another way, I'd wager the chance that the next film will introduce a second MJ, named "Mary Jane," who happens to have red hair -- is precisely zero.