• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPIDER-MAN 2 from Marvel & Sony (7/5/19)
4 4

705 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Get out your wallets, folks.

You've now trained Disney on how to tackle even greater profits.

Why does it matter?  It reminds me of the trend of extended cuts or deleted scenes on DVDs to help sell them, but instead they're doing it in the theater.  If you don't care, don't go see it.  If you do, you go see it.

The pro I see here is that if it's a movie I really like and do want to see a second time in the theater, having your second viewing include some new footage seems like a bonus with zero disadvantages.  I don't think I've done repeat viewings on anything since The Dark Knight...I think I saw that four or five times in the theater.  If subsequent viewings had extra footage I would've loved having that bonus.

Just now, fantastic_four said:

Why does it matter?  It reminds me of the trend of extended cuts or deleted scenes on DVDs to help sell them, but instead they're doing it in the theater.  If you don't care, don't go see it.  If you do, you go see it.

To those that want to see it, of course it isn't an issue. To other small-budget productions being introduced at the same time, those are screens Disney holds on to for one more run.

Spidey_FFH_ext.PNG.c7371a85e593b78d7fa39d441716ebfe.PNG

How often it does this will be interesting. Which depending on reactions this will cause a trend.

2 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Let the boycott begin. #boycottSony #youshallnotpass

giphy.gif

Oh? What did WB/DC do this time to you? Any racial scenes or anything like that you imagined?

emotion01.gif.59ce2c3ffc03c9eaa22107ffc2385a59.gif

:insane:

6 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Wut? I don’t care about WB... 

#BoycottSony

#KeepSpidermanintheMCU

5 hours ago, paperheart said:

vote with your wallet. skip the extended version as Sony, not Disney, reaps the vast majority here. 

So because Disney attempted to strongarm Sony into giving up a greater profit share (even after being offered 25%), it now deserves to be boycotted? Do you two realize how Disney radicalized you sound.

Add to this someone saying they are going to purposely view bootlegged Sony films, and I just can't tell why some folks feel a portion of MCU fans are a cult.

44 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

So because Disney attempted to strongarm Sony into giving up a greater profit share (even after being offered 25%), it now deserves to be boycotted? Do you two realize how Disney radicalized you sound.

Add to this someone saying they are going to purposely view bootlegged Sony films, and I just can't tell why some folks feel a portion of MCU fans are a cult.

I really don't care who strong-armed who or which corporation is more evil or who's making more money. I just want to see Spider-Man continue his adventures in the MCU and interact with the rest of the Marvel Comics Group. Ultimately it's Sony who owns the movie rights to Spider-Man so ultimately its their decision.

The Sony boycott will not be televised!

savespiderman.thumb.jpg.db8d2242ea6d3ecdf4d0093c99f952eb.jpg

7 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I really don't care who strong-armed who or which corporation is more evil or who's making more money. I just want to see Spider-Man continue his adventures in the MCU and interact with the rest of the Marvel Comics Group. Ultimately it's Sony who owns the movie rights to Spider-Man so ultimately its their decision.

The Sony boycott will not be televised!

savespiderman.thumb.jpg.db8d2242ea6d3ecdf4d0093c99f952eb.jpg

'Remember, you're special, you're unique, and you left your mask on the stage!'

emotion01.gif.f7fbb80da72f2a5a083f92afb86c76bd.gif

On 8/28/2019 at 11:19 AM, paperheart said:

vote with your wallet. skip the extended version as Sony, not Disney, reaps the vast majority here. 

I don't care who gets what cut of this, I'll be skipping it because I don't want this to start being a trend with movies in theaters. I want to see the whole movie the first time out, not missing bits and pieces that I have to go back and see later.

I don’t do repeated viewings of one movie in the theater. It loses something to me when I do that.  I like to let at least 6 months go by before enjoying it on the big screen at home.

I remember killing one of my favorite movies by over-watching it. Lost it’s magic and I can’t even sit through it anymore. I’ll rent the extended cut later when it’s released on home media. 

Edited by Oddball

5 hours ago, Antpark said:

I don't care who gets what cut of this, I'll be skipping it because I don't want this to start being a trend with movies in theaters. I want to see the whole movie the first time out, not missing bits and pieces that I have to go back and see later.

they'd never get my $ either; unless it's the mythical turd polisher (aka The Snyder Cut)

5 hours ago, Antpark said:

We've been doing this for decades with extras on DVDs.  Are any of the extra bits included with Endgame or Far From Home on Youtube yet?  I'm neutral on this until I see what the added extras are.  Are they similar to deleted scenes included on DVDs, or are they clearly great scenes that should have been included with the original release?

The extended cut promises “new scenes and action sequences,” including the reinsertion of dropped scenesfeaturing Mr. Delmar (Hemky Madera) and Spider-Man’s (Tom Holland) restaurant-set battle against a New York mob family. A recent report from THR revealed the extended cut offers four minutes of never-before-seen footage.

The new scenes belong to “Peter’s To-Do List,” a “short film” previously confirmed to be included on the home release.

Peter’s pre-vacation battle — where he sports the Iron Spider armor worn in Avengers: Endgame — was “in the movie for a while,” director Jon Watts said in an interview with io9.

“It’s part of a montage where Peter is running a bunch of errands that he has to do before he flies to Europe,” Watts said. “And the joke was his errands were he had to buy a dual headphone adapter... he had to get one of those European travel plugs, he sold some of his action figures so that he would have enough money to [buy a present for Zendaya’s MJ], pick up his passport, and he had to take down this extremely dangerous crime family. That’s Spider-Man’s to-do list.”

12 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

We've been doing this for decades with extras on DVDs.  Are any of the extra bits included with Endgame or Far From Home on Youtube yet?  I'm neutral on this until I see what the added extras are.  Are they similar to deleted scenes included on DVDs, or are they clearly great scenes that should have been included with the original release?

Endgame's re-release included deleted scenes similar to Infinity War's - unpolished VFX. There was also a Stan Lee tribute, which was the only part of the re-release I cared about, and a sneak peek at the first minute of Far From Home.