• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPIDER-MAN 2 from Marvel & Sony (7/5/19)
4 4

705 posts in this topic

That happened fast. They must feel extremely confident.

Spider-Man 2 Gets Summer 2019 Release Date

spider-man-homecoming-2-release-date-2019-217048.jpg

Spider-Man: Homecoming isn't even in theaters yet, but Marvel Studios and Sony have already selected a date for the sequel film.

Deadline Reports that Spider-Man: Homecoming 2 is eyeing a release date of July 5, 2019. That move shifts Bad Boys 4 to a new release date, and puts Spider-Man: Homecoming 2 either at the end of Marvel Phase 3, or at the beginning of Marvel Phase 4.

Tom Holland's Peter Parker made a strong impression in Captain America: Civil War and the Homecoming footage was strong enough to make us think it's going to be a major success. It's standard operating procedure for Sony and Marvel to therefore set a release date for the sequel - even this early.

Though I doubt it is going to be called 'Homecoming 2'.

Edited by Bosco685

Spider-Man Homecoming Sequel Will Feature A Different Marvel Studios Superhero

It sounds like Tony Stark’s homecoming will be a single engagement event. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Robert Downey Jr. will not reprise his role as Iron Man in the sequel to Spider-Man: Homecoming.

A source says Holland is only contractually obligated to Spider-Man 2 and 3, but the intention is to bring him into the spinoffs and possibly other Marvel films (he is currently shooting Marvel's Avengers: Infinity War).

"Marvel is so good at [working around your schedule]," Holland told THR. "They're very respectful of your life, really. They understand that you have to work on other movies, and yeah, they try and fix it up so you can work."

Meanwhile, Homecoming villain Michael Keaton has a deal to play the Vulture for just one movie.

Sony will get a to-be-determined Marvel character for Spider-Man 2 like it received for Homecoming with the box-office monster Iron Man, played by Robert Downey Jr. But sources say it won't be Iron Man next time around. Whatever happens in Spider-Man's future, there is palpable excitement on the Sony lot after a string of flops, and at Marvel, which has, for now, some control over its friendly neighborhood Spider-Man.

"Suddenly this goes from being a third reincarnation and a sixth movie to a first," says Feige. "It's the first time Spider-Man gets to interact with the world in which he belongs."

Spider-Man Homecoming 2 Deals With the ‘Aftermath’ of Avengers 4

Avengers 4 is set to end the current MCU – with Spider-Man: Homecoming 2 picking up the pieces. That makes to sequel a landmark, but Spider-Man: Homecoming is in itself a big milestone for the MCU’s continued success as it finally puts the spotlight on arguably Marvel’s most popular superhero of all-time into the mix alongside established MCU players like The Avengers and the Guardians of the Galaxy.

Avengers 4 will obviously be quite the turning point for the MCU, an impression only furthered by Feige during a recent interview with The Toronto Sun. In the conversation, the producer reaffirmed that the team-up will draw a line under the franchise as it currently stands and revealed that Homecoming 2 will be setting the pace going forward:

“This original 22-movie arc ends with the untitled Avengers in May of 2019 and then two months later it will be Peter and Spider-Man (on July 5, 2019) that usher us into the aftermath and how things proceed from there.”

Kevin Feige Details Marvel's 5-Movie Storyline For Spider-Man

Speaking with the Toronto Sun, Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige revealed the long-term picture for Spidey in their franchise of films that began with the character’s debut in last year’s Captain America movie.

“We are looking at a five-movie storyline — Civil War, Homecoming, Avengers: Infinity War, untitled Avengers, Homecoming 2 — or whatever we end up calling it — as an amazing five-story journey for Peter Parker,” said Feige. “In the way that the events of Civil War directly inform the opening of Homecoming and his state of mind as he goes back to high school, so too will the events of the next two Avengers movies as he continues with high school. This original 22-movie arc ends with the untitled Avengers in May of 2019 and then two months later it will be Peter and Spider-Man that usher us into the aftermath and how things proceed from there.”

The Homecoming sequel is set to be released on July 5, 2019 — the first movie after the Avengers saga wraps up. Though the character’s adventure will kick off “Phase 4”, there’s no word on whether Spidey will get another film in the MCU after that.

Spider-Man: Homecoming Director Wants Blade For The Sequel

If it wasn't yet clear that Spider-Man: Homecoming director Jon Watts is a fan, try this line of logic -- that starts with one of Spidey's classic villains and builds to "let's have Blade in our sequel" -- on for size:

“Morbius is kind of cool!” Watts told We Got This Covered during a recent interview. “The tone of the character is pretty dark, but the vampire/Marvel Universe thing is pretty cool. Maybe we could get Blade to show up, too? That’d be neat.”

Months ago, the idea was that with Spider-Man now officially part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, "Marvel and Sony could really mix things up by using Morbius as the villain of an upcoming Spider-Man film and bringing back [Wesley] Snipes as Blade as a key supporting cast member" was already on our radar.

SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING's Tom Holland Wants Tobey Maguire To Play Uncle Ben

peter-may-spider-man-600x347-1-600x347.j

Appearing on BBC Radio 1 to promote Spider-Man: Homecoming, Peter Parker actor Tom Holland gave his pick for who'd he like to see play Uncle Ben opposite Marisa Tomei's Aunt May. "I kinda want Tobey Maguire to play Uncle Ben, I think that’d be super funny, but I don’t think he’ll do it."

Maguire was actually a name many comic book fans picked for the role back when Marvel and Sony first announced Homecoming.  Regardless of whether the fan suggestions reached Holland's ears or he picked Maguire on his own, it's an excellent pick. But it's currently unknown whether this new interpretation of Spider-Man lore will ever do more than allude to Uncle Ben's presence as he was entirely absent from Homecoming.

hm

Have not seen Homecoming yet (and likely will not due to my kids lack of interest) but it sounds like Ned Leeds plays a good sized role for a back up character? Hobgoblin as the villain could be fun.

Collider interview with Kevin Feige and Amy Pascal. It's interesting, in that at certain points Feige and Pascal are trying to sort out their differing studio franchise directions, and where they cross over (or not).

Kevin Feige and Amy Pascal on ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’, the Sequel, and the Marvel/Sony Deal

Collider: Right so my question is, as someone who runs a website, I’m having a tough time calling Spider-Man: Homecoming 2.

FEIGE: I think it will be … what was this movie? This movie was basically Spider-Man “Subtitle.”

PASCAL: Spider-Man “Subtitle.”

Collider: So I thought everyone understood the dynamic between Sony and Marvel but yet there’s still people every day that are learning about it because they’re not…

FEIGE: No, I can’t, because I’m not the lawyer or the business affairs person. But I do know that it’s relatively simple in that it is a Sony picture and Sony paid for it and Sony the money from it. And Marvel and Disney owned Spider-Man and all of the accoutrements that would come with that.

Collider: I spoke to Tom, and I spoke to some of your Marvel people, and obviously you have a release date for the sequel which is like in two years. So Tom said he starts filming next July in a year.

PASCAL: I think it’s gonna be sooner than that but…

FEIGE: We start prep in August.

PASCAL: Like next month.

Collider: This is what I’m thinking and if you can go with me on this one. I’m of the opinion that you guys are making all these spin-offs at Sony where there’s gonna be these other characters, whatever it may be, all of those are in the same universe. Spidey will not be there until maybe he’s out of the Marvel universe and then who the hell knows what happens.

PASCAL: I would say who the hell knows what happens.

FEIGE: But are Venom and Black Cat and stuff connected or no, you’re just making the movies, right?

PASCAL: Right now, it’s sort of like Iron Man when you did the first Iron Man. Right now, these first movies are establishing these characters.

FEIGE: That’s very smart and we’ve talked before that when we started Iron Man I, we didn’t sit down and go let’s make a cinematic universe. We said let’s make a good Iron Man movie.

PASCAL: Sure, we said let’s make a good movie.

FEIGE: So then we can stay a studio, ’cause if we don’t, we’ll be out of business.

PASCAL: But you know it gets really :censored:  up when all people are talking about is the world of the franchise. You know people used to come to me and go, “I can make a franchise out of this for you. I can write a bible,” like for the most absurd things. And you’re like, “I don’t need a franchise. I just need a movie.”

At least now they can admit there are talks going on about Watts continuing on.

'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Director in Talks to Return for Sequel (Exclusive)

jon_watts.jpg

After successfully relaunching the Spider-Man franchise with Spider-Man: Homecoming, Sony and Marvel are staying in business with director Jon Watts.

Watts is in talks to return for the sequel to the hit Spidey film, starring Tom Holland. The sequel, currently untitled, is already slated for release on July 5, 2019. 

Holland will reprise his role as Peter Parker in the sequel. In the first film, Parker was a junior in high school who was trying to adjust to regular Brooklyn life after his adventures with the Avengers. The next film's story will pick up after the events of Avengers: Infinity War, which will hit theaters on May 4, 2018, and will also feature Holland as Peter Parker.

On 16/07/2017 at 0:46 PM, kimik said:

Have not seen Homecoming yet (and likely will not due to my kids lack of interest) but it sounds like Ned Leeds plays a good sized role for a back up character? Hobgoblin as the villain could be fun.

I don't think the glider would get off the ground.

On ‎2017‎/‎07‎/‎16 at 5:46 AM, kimik said:

LOL!

Once you see the film you will see how funny that would be.

'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Writers Returning for Sequel

spider-man_homecoming_2017_16.jpg

Screenwriters Chris McKenna and Erik Sommers are back in the spider's web.

The duo, who worked on Spider-Man: Homecoming, are in final negotiations to return to the world of Peter Parker to write the sequel to the Sony Pictures/Marvel Studios hit.

Homecoming, a resetting of Sony's Spider-Man franchise that places the new movies within the Marvel Cinematic Universe, was a major hit for Sony, winning over critics and the comic book fans. It spun over $319 million domestically at the box office and $737 million worldwide. (The previous entry, 2014's derided The Amazing Spider-Man 2, grossed $202 million domestically and $708 million worldwide.)

Sony and Marvel are hoping to keep many of the creative elements of Homecoming together and are already in talks to have Jon Watts return to the director’s chair. Tom Holland is set to return as the web-crawling hero.

Spider-Man: Homecoming 2 is scheduled for a July 5, 2019, release.

Jon Watts Confirmed To Return To Direct 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Sequel

spider-man-homecoming-international-post

It seems the Spider-Man: Homecoming sequel has finally locked up its director. After the success of Spider-Man: Homecoming, many were hoping that Sony and Marvel would bring back director Jon Watts for the sequel. Marvel Studios chief Kevin Feige announced just that at the Marvel Panel at CCXP, confirming he will be back in the director's chair.

Many assumed it was a no-brainer, but the two sides took a bit longer than expected to come to an agreement. Spider-Man: Homecoming 2 hits theaters on July 5, 2019.

'Spider-Man' Sequel Filming Start Date Revealed

According to Omega Underground, filming for the yet-untitled Spider-Man: Homecoming sequel is set to begin in June in Atlanta with a wrap date sometime in the fall/winter of 2018 -- likely between October and December. The film is likely to see the return of director John Watts as well as screen writers Erik Sommers and Chris McKenna and is presently slated for release on July 5, 2019.

While no details on the film have been released, the film is expected to be the first installment of the MCU's Phase Four following the Avengers 4 film out in May 2019. With the recently released Avengers: Infinity War trailer showing the arrival of Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet and Avengers 4 said to be an end of the beginning of sorts for the MCU as we know it—possibly even with the deaths of some current characters—the Spider-Man sequel will likely somewhat deal with the Avengers 4 aftermath for Tom Holland's Peter Parker.

This new shooting schedule information also lines up with other Sony Marvel projects. Venom, with Tom Hardy in the title role, is expected to finish shooting in February while Gina Prince-Bythewood's Silver & Black is set to begin filming after that. Venom is expected in theaters October 5, 2018 with Silver & Black expected February 8, 2019.

'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Sequel May Be Casting For Gwen Stacy

0cJeowk.png

It looks like the sequel to Spider-Man: Homecoming may be setting up Peter Parker for a love triangle.

An audition tape discovered by Omega Underground suggests that the sequel to Spider-Man: Homecoming is looking to cast the role of Gwen Stacy, who was Peter Parker’s greatest love up until her death in The Amazing Spider-Man #121 in 1973.

The audition tape above is from a French actress using the stage name Louna and she’s not bothering to try to change her French accent. Could this indicate that Gwen Stacy will be a foreign exchange student at Peter Parker’s school in the Marvel Cinematic Universe?

Gwen Stacy Audition tape from fournier louna on Vimeo:

Scene #1

Gwen – “Peter, I’m so sorry about your Uncle.”

Peter – “Well thank-you”

Gwen – “I didn’t know this was your family. I was just wondering why you haven’t been to school.”

Peter – “Really?

Gwen – “Well, like you. Hate you. Nobody can forget you.”

Scene #2

Captain Stacy – “Off to do your homework?”

Gwen – “Umm just about dad. What are you doing tonight?”

Captain Stacy – “Sitting down and checking over some police reports.”

Gwen – “Haha need any help?”

Captain Stacy – “From my best cop sure; but”

Gwen – “But what?”

Captain Stacy – “Well no father wants to rush his little girl out the door. Especially, when shes going into a teenager. But I would figure you would want to spend time with kids your own age.”

Gwen – “Pass.”

Captain Stacy – “Ha whats wrong? I don’t know if you get any requests.”

Gwen – “No plenty of requests. Just not from the right sources.”

Captain Stacy – “Meaning?”

Gwen – “Well, most of the guys that come at me are jerks or want to be playboys. But then there's…this one guy. But even if he got the nerve to ask me out. I think he would get us both killed. He is such a klutz!”

Captain Stacy – “But you like him?!”

Gwen – “I don’t know. There’s something different about him.”

It's also interesting that her father, George Stacy, will apparently remain a police captain. Perhaps his origin will be changed so that he’s working for an international law enforcement agency, or maybe Gwen’s mother is French and was raising her in Europe but died and so Gwen was sent to New York to live with her father. That’s just speculation, but the idea that Gwen would be something other than the all-American blue-eyed, blonde girl next door that she was in the original comics fits what seems like a concerted effort on the part of director Jon Watts to diversify Spider-Man’s supporting cast.