• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPIDER-MAN 2 from Marvel & Sony (7/5/19)
4 4

705 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, fmaz said:

Now that the story has come out that it was Tom Holland himself who was integral in getting both sides back to the table to make a deal... this pretty paper thin interpretation of some vague words from Kevin Feige... now seems even less likely.  A more honest interpretation seems to be that Holland got both sides to act (somewhat) like grownups and realize how much money they were leaving on the table, not to mention how badly they were disappointing their fans, and get an extension done.  Feige then saying that Spidey can "live in both universes" could mean a lot of different things, but there's absolutely no reason to assume it means that it's a planned ending.  In fact, to be honest, I think it's more likely to mean that there's going to be a planned connection/crossover between the two worlds... perhaps via the multiverse concept or something else.  But I feel like it's very reasonable to assume that as long as Holland is willing to play the character, that character will be tied to the MCU.

Disney could just stop pumping out bad live-action remakes of their cartoon movies, save up, and buy Sony.

Finally got through watching this movie.  Took me 3 nights to finally get through it, and even then it wasn't captivating my attention. Was formulaic and all the characters were quite one dimensional.  

I can rewatch a lot of the Marvel movies, and this movie has zero rewatchability. It seems to me Spider-Man works better as a supporting character in the current scheme of things.

Tom Holland has a CGC graded copy of Avengers 11 in his home office.  (As seen on Kimmel)

I think it's a 6.5?  Video linked for better clarity. 

Screen Shot 2020-04-23 at 2.07.05 AM.png

Edited by Buzzetta