• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPIDER-MAN 2 from Marvel & Sony (7/5/19)
4 4

705 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

- A ton of Iron Spidey / Iron Man tech (which, again, dates in the comics back 15 years, since right before Civil War).

he had that suit for what 3-4 issues. yes it happened but it was insignificant part of Spider-Man's history. It's not like the alien symbiote costume saga. That was a critical part of Spider-man.

On 6/28/2019 at 11:19 PM, ComicConnoisseur said:

I got tickets to see this on IMAX.

@Bosco685, @TwoPiece

I have never seen a imax movie . What should I expect? I hope it`s better than overrated 3-D?

:wishluck:

I perpetuate the idea of taking away all visual spectacle. Watching 3D does nothing for me.

IMAX + Dolby ATMOS is the best movie experience IMO.

On 6/28/2019 at 11:19 PM, ComicConnoisseur said:

I got tickets to see this on IMAX.

@Bosco685, @TwoPiece

I have never seen a imax movie . What should I expect? I hope it`s better than overrated 3-D?

:wishluck:

If you're in an IMAX theater with vertical seating, I suggest sitting further back from the screen. 

For me, enjoyment of a movie in IMAX can depend on the content of the movie. A smaller scale movie doesn't do a whole lot for me in IMAX. An epic movie with lots of wide shots, though, can be incredible in IMAX, especially if the film is shot with IMAX cameras. Avengers Endgame was shot entirely in IMAX. I saw the movie in both standard and IMAX screens and it was almost like two different movies to me. The outer space scenes in particular just exploded on the IMAX format. And in IMAX 3D, Endgame's opening scene of the Benetar adrift in space with the ship visually separated from the background stars was incredible. I bet the big action scenes with the big elemental villains in Spider-Man will be pretty cool in IMAX. I don't think the movie was shot in the format, though.

I really like 3D when I know there will be space shots. Like I said, the outer space scenes in Endgame were awesome for me. And in Captain Marvel, the scenes of the Hala spacecraft traveling through space and descending on Torfa were incredible in 3D. 

At the same time, if there's a lot of detail, like the big grand finale fight in Endgame, the 3D can sometimes mask detail as your eye is directed more toward the images that are popping out.

3 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

Holy :censored:, a 98!?

I'm seeing it at 7:45 tonight. The same theater opened up Endgame tickets for the next 3 days, but it's not showing until 5:00, so I won't be able to squeeze it in beforehand. :(

Curious to hear what you think.

Thought it was great. Much better than the first one and better than Captain Marvel or Endgame. Just the right balance between action, plot and humour and most of the jokes worked. Mysterio was very well done.

My only criticisms are the same as the first one. Mainly the supporting cast being so far removed from their comic counterparts. If they didn't use the comic names I would be fine with it because movie Ned, MJ and May are great characters, just not the comic versions. Flash is totally miscast. Also again having Peter rely on Iron Man's tech - sigh. He's a genuis, maybe not Reed Richards or Tony Stark level but having all the suits being "given" to him takes something away from the character.

2 big post credits scenes you need to stay for.

54 minutes ago, Anfield Fox said:

Thought it was great. Much better than the first one and better than Captain Marvel or Endgame. Just the right balance between action, plot and humour and most of the jokes worked. Mysterio was very well done.

My only criticisms are the same as the first one. Mainly the supporting cast being so far removed from their comic counterparts. If they didn't use the comic names I would be fine with it because movie Ned, MJ and May are great characters, just not the comic versions. Flash is totally miscast. Also again having Peter rely on Iron Man's tech - sigh. He's a genuis, maybe not Reed Richards or Tony Stark level but having all the suits being "given" to him takes something away from the character.

2 big post credits scenes you need to stay for.

This review has me more excited now. :banana:

I think i'm really starting to feel the Superhero movie fatigue.  Spider-Man and the X-Men are my jams, and I have no interest in seeing either movie until they're on Disney+ or FX (or whatever).

And FFH doesn't look like a bad movie at all.

1 hour ago, Artboy99 said:

the end credits scene.

It isn't funny to me. But neither is fat Thor.

You know that's not the end credit scene right? There are 2 and they actually matter to the story in a big way.