• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPIDER-MAN 2 from Marvel & Sony (7/5/19)
4 4

705 posts in this topic

On 6/4/2018 at 3:32 PM, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Anyone read the plot leaks that came out the other day?

So this random redditor has cred because he/she leaked some stuff that turned out to be true in Infinity War?

Merit of the leak aside...if only for kicks, guesses on who the "major villain from the comic books who will have a prominent role in these movies moving forward" is?

13 hours ago, Callaway29 said:

https://screenrant.com/spider-man-far-from-home-chameleon-villain/

Dude has the look of kraven, but apparently chameleon...hm

So they're speculating Chameleon from the name associated with him of "Dmitri," and that's sound logic.  The thing to remember is that they worked together right from Kraven's first appearance, and at some point the Chameleon was revealed to be the half-brother of Kraven the Hunter.  So given that fact the Chameleon may appear in the film but the primary villain is far more likely to be Kraven.  WOW do I hope that's true, because I LOVE Kraven.  :wishluck:

asm15_10-11.jpg

2318295-2318289-spider_man_noir_01.jpg

Edited by fantastic_four

8 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

So they're speculating Chameleon from the name associated with him of "Dmitri," and that's sound logic.  The thing to remember is that they worked together right from Kraven's first appearance, and at some point the Chameleon was revealed to be the half-brother of Kraven the Hunter.  So given that fact the Chameleon may appear in the film but the primary villain is far more likely to be Kraven.  WOW do I hope that's true, because I LOVE Kraven.  :wishluck:

asm15_10-11.jpg

Correct, the name similarity is hard to argue with... Pretty cool stuff, and yet very little buzz.

On 8/15/2018 at 10:16 AM, fantastic_four said:

asm15_10-11.jpg

I would love Kraven to be in it as well. This news makes it even more interesting.

'Kraven the Hunter' Movie to Include Spider-Man, Draw Inspiration From "Last Hunt"

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/10/10/kraven-the-hunter-movie-spider-man-last-hunt/

News broke earlier this summer that Kraven the Hunter would be getting his own film in Sony's universe of Spider-Man spinoffs, with The Equalizer writer Richard Wenk attached to pen the -script. The writer recently confirmed initial details about the film, which includes a direct encounter with Spider-Man as well as influences from the seminal storyline "Kraven's Last Hunt."

"I'm just starting it. It's an interesting world. A great character," Wenk shared with DiscussingFilm. "It's going to adhere very closely to the lore of Kraven the Hunter. And he is going to come face to face with Spider-Man. I'm just beginning it, beginning the process, and because it's a big IP, Marvel world, there's lots of hurdles to overcome before you can start writing, to crack the right story and to get the right tone. It's a new world for me. But what's nice about it is it's a very grounded character, he doesn't have a lot of crazy superpowers and things like that so he's more grounded and that fits what I like to do. That's as much as I know."

might seem like a given that Kraven would combat Spider-Man in his solo film, though this past weekend's release of Venom showed audiences that a film focusing on a Spider-Man villain doesn't necessarily require the Wall-Crawler himself to show up.

Wenk went on to detail that, as he's in the beginning stages of developing the film, he's looking to all corners of Kraven's history to find the right story to tell.

"You have to look at everything just to soak it in," the writer noted. "I think that what we're all circling is 'Kraven's Last Hunt' and whether this is the precursor to that movie or will include it. We're talking about those things. And even the idea that maybe Kraven could be like Kill Billwhere we're basically writing two movies."

The storyline of that arc features Kraven setting his sights on Spider-Man to prove he is superior to the hero, ultimately neutralizing him and stealing his costume to impersonate the hero on the streets of New York City. Peter Parker eventually comes to, weeks later, and Kraven hands the costume over, taking pride in having beaten Parker. The arc ends with Kraven killing himself so, with this being the character's first appearance in a live-action film, the film likely won't follow the storyline exactly.

"It's all in the mix, everybody is excited about it because everybody wants to make the right movie and the classic movie and nobody's rushing to churn out some character movie because it's part of that world," Wenk admitted. "It's nice to see everybody hunker down and say, 'What is the right movie to tell?' It's an origin story, obviously, so it'll be the first time people will see Kraven, and not the last, but it will be the first one. You just throw everything up on the wall and see the right movie to tell."

The producers of Venom have already admitted that their next spinoff will be Morbius, shooting as early as February, so we shouldn't expect Kraven to come together until the middle of next year at the earliest.

Avengers: Annihilation Official Trailer #1 will not be released tomorrow. It is being delayed (again) for Bush Sr.'s funeral.

Spider-Man: Far From Home Official Trailer #1 was going to debut on Friday, December 7th. That will also be pushed back because of this delay.

2 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Not yet confirmed to be Annihilation.

I really hope its not.  Just sounds lame.

Side question...does any know if trailers that are not posted by the official account (i.e. Marvel Entertainment) get the view counts added to the official account?

I make a sincere effort to only watch trailers under the official account.

16 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Not yet confirmed to be Annihilation.

True, but it's very likely at this point.

All we know about the title is that it was at one point "Avengers: Infinity Gauntlet" at the very early stages when A3 was changed to 'Infinity War'.

We'll find out tomorrow!