• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPIDER-MAN 2 from Marvel & Sony (7/5/19)
4 4

705 posts in this topic

On 4/20/2019 at 9:50 PM, oakman29 said:

Girl is super cute, but not going to help this fading franchise.

Homecoming was horrible. 

You know I like you brother, but there is no way this Spider-Man movie doesn't do at least a billion at the box office worldwide.

We will have the Avengers :EndGame bounce, plus another Nick Fury Samuel Jackson appearance which will guarantee at least a billion.

40 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

You know I like you brother, but there is no way this Spider-Man movie doesn't do at least a billion at the box office worldwide.

We will have the Avengers :EndGame bounce, plus another Nick Fury Samuel Jackson appearance which will guarantee at least a billion.

It may at that, but doesn't make it a good movie.

And thanks for the liking me part. :foryou:

Yeah, Homecoming was great. Re-watched it this weekend for Phase 3 marathon.

That Vulture twist hit me at Mach 1 in theaters. I was caught completely off-guard. Iron Man's cameos were great. "If you're nothing without this suit, than you shouldn't have it."

It's in the top half of Phase 3 to me without question.

Homecoming was great and in the top 15 superhero movies of all time.  I rank it 14.  I was incredibly surprised how they took one of Spider-Man's lamer villains and made him enjoyably menacing, particularly the Michael Keaton and Peter in the car scene.  If you were to rank the top scenes from all superhero films--which is a thread I will likely start sometime soon because I've been compiling a list of those in my head over the last few weeks--I suspect that one is top 10.

Edited by fantastic_four

38 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Homecoming was great and in the top 15 superhero movies of all time.  I rank it 14.  I was incredibly surprised how they took one of Spider-Man's lamer villains and made him enjoyably menacing, particularly the Michael Keaton and Peter in the car scene.  If you were to rank the top scenes from all superhero films--which is a thread I will likely start sometime soon because I've been compiling a list of those in my head over the last few weeks--I suspect that one is top 10.

All of the scenes involving Parker and Toomes were great.

9 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

Keaton was the perfect casting

I am so glad they were persistent with Michael Keaton. I wonder if this is yet again another win for the MCU casting director.

It was funny when he would use the line "I'm Batman' when coming at fellow actors in scenes to throw them off.

Tom Holland said Keaton's performance was intense.

The fact that Keaton was Batman wasn’t the only memorable thing about working with him, according to Holland.

“I will never forget that,” Holland says. “He was amazing to work with. Terrifying. That scene we shot in the car was so stressful, was so unbelievably stressful, and we shot it for a whole day and as soon as you’d call ‘cut’ he was like the nicest guy ever and you’d be talking about whatever, but then you’d call ‘action’ and he would sort of become this villain and I’d be like, ‘Okay, cut!’ But it was amazing to work with him.”

Edited by Bosco685

Is Vulture going to be the MCU's 3rd repeat villain after Loki and Thanos?

Iron Monger, Whiplash, The Mandarin, Malekith, Ronan, Ultron, Yellow-Jacket, Ego, Hela, and Killmonger all bit the dust.

Abomination, Red Skull (although cameo'd in Infinity War), Zemo, and Dormammu (likely to return?) all seemingly disappeared.

Bucky and Ghost switched sides.

14 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Is Vulture going to be the MCU's 3rd repeat villain after Loki and Thanos?

Iron Monger, Whiplash, The Mandarin, Malekith, Ronan, Ultron, Yellow-Jacket, Ego, Hela, and Killmonger all bit the dust.

Abomination, Red Skull (although cameo'd in Infinity War), Zemo, and Dormammu (likely to return?) all seemingly disappeared.

Bucky and Ghost switched sides.

Nah -- I think we need to see the Green Goblin.

Definitely need more of that guy.   :insane:

1 minute ago, Gatsby77 said:

Nah -- I think we need to see the Green Goblin.

Definitely need more of that guy.   :insane:

Do you think we'll see multiple villains in Far From Home? Maybe a couple? I know they made mistakes doing such a thing in both of the previous character franchises, but I think they could pull off Mysterio and another guy.

Marvel could turn the Sinister Six into a future Avengers/team-up film if they wanted to. I'd be game for that.

32 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Do you think we'll see multiple villains in Far From Home? Maybe a couple? I know they made mistakes doing such a thing in both of the previous character franchises, but I think they could pull off Mysterio and another guy.

Marvel could turn the Sinister Six into a future Avengers/team-up film if they wanted to. I'd be game for that.

Umm...yeah.

Pretty sure the Chameleon's going to show up as well. Look for Amazing Spider-Man # 1s to skyrocket!!

Proof point: Numan Acar is shown on the IMDB cast list as a character named "Dimitri."

Also, point of order -- pretty sure Homecoming featured a few other villains as well. I remember Shocker and Scorpion.

3 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

Umm...yeah.

Pretty sure the Chameleon's going to show up as well. Look for Amazing Spider-Man # 1s to skyrocket!!

Proof point: Numan Acar is shown on the IMDB cast list as a character named "Dimitri."

Also, point of order -- pretty sure Homecoming featured a few other villains as well. I remember Shocker and Scorpion.

I guess. lol

I'd consider them cameos more than "full appearances" (by movie standards).

I obviously haven't read jack-%^&* about Far From Home, yet.

6 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

I guess. lol

I'd consider them cameos more than "full appearances" (by movie standards).

I obviously haven't read jack-%^&* about Far From Home, yet.

I've not seen mention of Chameleon anywhere, but I'm always wary of IMDB cast lists that show an actor with just a first name fairly high up in the credits.

Acar's listed immediately after Flash Thompson and Ned, and the most well-known Dmitri in the Spider-Verse is Dmitri Smerdyakov.

Also listed in the credits is Mac Gargan (Scorpion - who later becomes Venom 3).

So that's three -- they're well on the way to The Sinister Six.

Also note actors Remy Hii and J.B. Smoove - who don't even have first names listed.

Given that where Dmitri goes, Kraven soon follows, I wouldn't be surprised if one of them plays Kraven -- esp. since that character makes the most sense for an after-credits cameo.