• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPIDER-MAN 2 from Marvel & Sony (7/5/19)
4 4

705 posts in this topic

Another classic Spidey villain IS in the film, which I know because Hasbro announced the action figure a few days ago.  Click below for who it is and what he looks like as a toy:

Spoiler

This is your all-new, all-different MOLTEN MAN!  :eek:

MARVEL-SPIDER-MAN-LEGENDS-SERIES-6-INCH-

Edited by fantastic_four

12 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

And the sand elemental. I don’t understand what we’re talking about...isn’t this months old info? I must have missed a post...

Is the sand elemental the same as Sandman?

Forgive my ignorance - I legit don't know.

2 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

Is the sand elemental the same as Sandman?

Forgive my ignorance - I legit don't know.

In the comics, there are 4 Elementals, and separately there is Hydroman and Sandman.

In the MCU, it is my understand that Hydroman and Sandman will replace the Earth/Water Elementals.

I didn't think we know yet what any of those elementals were.  My guess has been that they're special effects created by Mysterio.  I'm also not sure the guy in my spoiler isn't a Mysterio effect.

3 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

I didn't think we know yet what any of those elementals were.  My guess has been that they're special effects created by Mysterio.  I'm also not sure the guy in my spoiler isn't a Mysterio effect.

A good guess that I didn't even consider until someone posted it around the time the trailer dropped (could've been you).

2 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

I assume if they're just mysterio effects they won't have much, if any, character development. Kind of sucks to use sandman as a throw-away character....

Perhaps Mysterio's Elementals become affected by the Terrigen Mist and become real!

Dumb ideas (like mine above) aside, I agree with you.

6 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

I assume if they're just mysterio effects they won't have much, if any, character development. Kind of sucks to use sandman as a throw-away character....

I keep getting the feeling I'm just going to be severely disappointed in this movie from a spidey fan-boy perspective but not from a cool story and special effects perspective.  the movie may do well and the plot and action may be great but I fear I just won't feel the same emotional nostalgic attachment to it that I got from the original Tobey spider-man movies.  I may end up liking the Miles Morales Spider-verse movie more.

Edited by justafan

1 hour ago, fantastic_four said:

This is my feeling as well. While I think we'll see the Chameleon and at least a Scorpion cameo or set-up (given that Mac's confirmed in the film), the other elementals will all be Mysterio effects.

And I'm okay with that -- part of what made the Ghost Rider film so ridiculously bad is that Blackheart's henchmen were elementals. It felt like a bad video game.

4 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

Another classic Spidey villain IS in the film, which I know because Hasbro announced the action figure a few days ago.  Click below for who it is and what he looks like as a toy:

Reveal hidden contents

This is your all-new, all-different MOLTEN MAN!  :eek:

MARVEL-SPIDER-MAN-LEGENDS-SERIES-6-INCH-

I literally saw this, this weekend at Sears of all places.  However the figure in your hidden comment is obtained, piece by piece, by purchasing other figures from the Marvel Legends collection.  BUT, I didn't see anything to indicate the character you mentioned is in the film what-so-ever.  

On 4/23/2019 at 4:17 PM, sagekilz said:

I literally saw this, this weekend at Sears of all places.  However the figure in your hidden comment is obtained, piece by piece, by purchasing other figures from the Marvel Legends collection.  BUT, I didn't see anything to indicate the character you mentioned is in the film what-so-ever.  

We know it's from the film because:

Spoiler

There's no comic version of Molten Man who looks like that, so the film is the only place it could be from.  And Hasbro has never made up their own version of any character, every version they do comes either from comics or films.

But we also have more toys to confirm it.  Here's another lower-end version of Molten Man from the film that Hasbro is doing at a much lower price point:

marvel-spider-man-far-from-home-6-inch-m

2 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

We know it's from the film because:

Reveal hidden contents

There's no comic version of Molten Man who looks like that, so the film is the only place it could be from.  And Hasbro has never made up their own version of any character, every version they do comes either from comics or films.

But we also have more toys to confirm it.  Here's another lower-end version of Molten Man from the film that Hasbro is doing at a much lower price point:

marvel-spider-man-far-from-home-6-inch-m

Ahhhhh, I hadn't seen that until just now.