• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

And its on to ComicConnect !

300 posts in this topic

Also, besides being a 9.0, the WW#1 was a Solicitation Copy with unique documents. But maybe he would've paid the same for a regular 9.0.

Personally I don't think the province effected the final hammer. It was a 9.0 that aurguable had a 9.2-9.4 appearance in my opinion. It was a spectacular copy.

Agree. the old 9.0 has been the top census copy since it was first graded and hasn't been on the market in over a decade. I was already thinking it was a $250K copy and I agree that this one is better looking than the other 9.0

Very likely this stays the best known copy.

I'm sure we'll see soon enough! If this is the "best" WW1 then I agree for sure. I thought there was a nicer one for some reason..

I would suspect there must be a Edgar Church copy of this book although it's not listed in Chuck's Mile High catalogue since it starts off with a NM+ copy of WW 2. hm

Not a big surprise though, since virtually all of the big DC books are not listed in Chuck's catalogue as most of them were snapped up before he ever got around to doing up the catalogue. :blush:

Does anyone know where I could find a copy of this catalog (not an original copy, just one online to know what was on the list)?

anyonenknow what the cap 46 holocaust covee sold for? 2.0 pgx

Looks like it sold for $2,100. :gossip:

Not sure if this is a strong price or not for this classic cover book? Makes me want to think what a CGC graded 2.0 copy would sell for in comparison? hm

A 1.8 CGC way back in 2009 sold for 2,390 on gpa with the most recent sale being a 3.5 (also gpa) in September of this year for 5,888. Even though it was pgx it seemed to be fairly graded and presented really well too.

Good deal if I ever saw one, now I may be biased when I say that ;)

This is my old book that I sold raw on ebay earlier this year after I couldn't get even 1,075 here on the boards! I guess the seller knew what he was doing...

You can see it raw here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9280746#Post9280746

so its a qualified 2.0 or less if graded by cgc. back cover married and not from the right book.

I would have paid 1500$ even sthiugh it would be like a 2.0 1.5 green label.

Not sure if this is a strong price or not for this classic cover book? Makes me want to think what a CGC graded 2.0 copy would sell for in comparison? hm

A 1.8 CGC way back in 2009 sold for 2,390 on gpa with the most recent sale being a 3.5 (also gpa) in September of this year for 5,888. Even though it was pgx it seemed to be fairly graded and presented really well too.

I have to say that I'm suspicious of a book that was graded by PGX this May. What collector sophisticated enough to consign to a CC auction is sending a book like that to PGX given all that we know about them at this point?

Maybe there's an innocent explanation ... but maybe not. hm

This is my old book that I sold raw on ebay earlier this year after I couldn't get even 1,075 here on the boards! I guess the seller knew what he was doing...

You can see it raw here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9280746#Post9280746

so its a qualified 2.0 or less if graded by cgc. back cover married and not from the right book.

Ok. That explains it. It was sent to PGX to avoid having the married front cover and incorrect back cover noted. Bad show by whoever the consignor was.

I won two books this week while sleeping...a couple days before auction closing, I just put in bids equal to the most I was willing to pay for the books. hm

:baiting:

Was there a gap between where end price landed vs. your max bid? I always try to bid in the last 5 seconds but good for you this played out nicely.

You can see it raw here:

Ok. That explains it. It was sent to PGX to avoid having the married front cover and incorrect back cover noted. Bad show by whoever the consignor was.

Exactly!!! the married back cover was not even the right one since the ad in the back doesnt match up.

I stayed away since a 2.0 blue lable cgc or voldy would be 3.5k to 4k book...

I was tempted.. but a pgx graded in may 2017 is not like a pgx from 2006 before all that is known

from this shady company. Glad i stayed away.

A shady consignor also... he knew that it would be unrestored label by going the pgx route.

CC shouldn't sell pgx imo. Although I used to have a cgc cap 7 with a wrong back cover...

I don't think the Cap 46 was restored just married.

married and incomplete...

there is a reason heritage doesn't sell pgx...cc and clink should follow as well (if they don't already...I don't even buy pgx, so not sure what their policy is)

I won two books this week while sleeping...a couple days before auction closing, I just put in bids equal to the most I was willing to pay for the books. hm

:baiting:

Was there a gap between where end price landed vs. your max bid? I always try to bid in the last 5 seconds but good for you this played out nicely.

With CC i tend to bid in the last 3 minutes, due to the clock reset. I figured it gives me and the then highest bidder time to do the dance. If i get three counter bids, i usually back out as it's a sign the other party is willing to go to the mat. I loss a battle for a high grade Pep 11 in an auction of theirs a little ways back, but thankfully they had a nice presenting 2.5 copy that i decided to go after in the same auction(that i almost loss out on dancing over the high grade one while the clock was running).

I did make an exception earlier this year on a book i'm one issue away from completing the run on: I went to the well a fourth time, and to my luck the other bidder backed out.

another boardie and i went back and forth for i would guess 30 minutes on a punch 12 on cc earlier this year. i have a lot of fun with the battle on the cc platform over just throwing out a number and crossing your fingers on clink.

another boardie and i went back and forth for i would guess 30 minutes on a punch 12 on cc earlier this year. i have a lot of fun with the battle on the cc platform over just throwing out a number and crossing your fingers on clink.
lol In a strange way, they both have their advantages (much like the singular experience of HA's 'live' format). It's that moment you don't breath while you wait for the page to reload with green writing after you've made your snipe attempt on C'Link. Magic in it's own right :cloud9: (Don't judge me :sumo: )

Hi All,

In regards to the Captain America No. 46, this was given to us in a PGX holder with no other information. We very much appreciate all of this information being brought to our attention. We are currently working with the consignor and buyer on resolving the issue to a mutual agreement.

Hi All,

In regards to the Captain America No. 46, this was given to us in a PGX holder with no other information. We very much appreciate all of this information being brought to our attention. We are currently working with the consignor and buyer on resolving the issue to a mutual agreement.

Dammit, how are we supposed to toss around conspiracies now?!?!

Hi All,

Well done!

I think it should be re auctioned raw graded by comicconnect, cgc or voldy

Was curious to see what the Tecs sold for today. Looks like the brittle pages affected the ending price of the Tec 31 & 33.

Tec 28 CGC 8.5 - $64,000

Tec 29 CGC 3.5 - $40,500

Tec 31 CGC 4.5 - $96,000

Tec 31 CGC 2.0 brittle - $17,200

Tec 33 CGC 1.5 sl. brittle - $11,211

Tec 35 CGC 3.0 - $23,500

Tec 36 CGC 4.5 - $17,977

Tec 38 CGC 4.0 - $35,000