• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

And its on to ComicConnect !

300 posts in this topic

I thought Tec prices across the board were pretty soft. 29, 31 (4.5), and 38 all looked to sell at around market, the others all seem like they sold at discounts tonight IMO. People running out of $$ towards the end of the auction?

Curious to see where the Pep 22 will end. Im predicting 30-35k for this 7.0 so those another boardie on the Archie1-50 club.

The CW TV series that will air on the 26th will certainly give this book a boost.

Also Archie has seen a resurgence in price this year: 25.5k for a cgc 1.8 last April at Comicconnect

I thought Tec prices across the board were pretty soft. 29, 31 (4.5), and 38 all looked to sell at around market, the others all seem like they sold at discounts tonight IMO. People running out of $$ towards the end of the auction?

I agree with you. Although I also agree with Dark Knight, that the "brittle pages" on the labels of the 33 and 31 had a lot to do with it as well (particularly on the 31).

-J.

Any thoughts on where the Double Action lot will end? hm

Anyone know what this ended at???

80 000$ for both books together.

Thank you!

I thought it might go for more than that. Maybe a limited number of interest in this oddity.

Picked this up as I thought the price was ok and I wanted an upgrade to my existing copy. Now to sell some other books to pay for this along with a couple of others I still owe on :)

Planet16_zps8cflblqu.jpg

Sorry to cost you a few hundred. It was a good price. Nice buy.

No worries, I was chasing the #4 too, but dropped out at about $6600 or so. I probably would have had to have a fire sale if I had won that book...lol

I won two books this week while sleeping...a couple days before auction closing, I just put in bids equal to the most I was willing to pay for the books. hm

:baiting:

Was there a gap between where end price landed vs. your max bid? I always try to bid in the last 5 seconds but good for you this played out nicely.

With CC i tend to bid in the last 3 minutes, due to the clock reset. I figured it gives me and the then highest bidder time to do the dance. If i get three counter bids, i usually back out as it's a sign the other party is willing to go to the mat. I loss a battle for a high grade Pep 11 in an auction of theirs a little ways back, but thankfully they had a nice presenting 2.5 copy that i decided to go after in the same auction(that i almost loss out on dancing over the high grade one while the clock was running).

I did make an exception earlier this year on a book i'm one issue away from completing the run on: I went to the well a fourth time, and to my luck the other bidder backed out.

Interesting insight. I have always ended up paying more for a book than I intended to on CC because of that reset format. I will remember that though the next time; 3 counters and call it quits.