• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

And its on to ComicConnect !

300 posts in this topic

Also, besides being a 9.0, the WW#1 was a Solicitation Copy with unique documents. But maybe he would've paid the same for a regular 9.0.

Personally I don't think the province effected the final hammer. It was a 9.0 that aurguable had a 9.2-9.4 appearance in my opinion. It was a spectacular copy.

Agree. the old 9.0 has been the top census copy since it was first graded and hasn't been on the market in over a decade. I was already thinking it was a $250K copy and I agree that this one is better looking than the other 9.0

Very likely this stays the best known copy.

I'm sure we'll see soon enough! If this is the "best" WW1 then I agree for sure. I thought there was a nicer one for some reason..

I would suspect there must be a Edgar Church copy of this book although it's not listed in Chuck's Mile High catalogue since it starts off with a NM+ copy of WW 2. hm

Not a big surprise though, since virtually all of the big DC books are not listed in Chuck's catalogue as most of them were snapped up before he ever got around to doing up the catalogue. :blush:

and they also eat the Paypal fee too....

is this current ?

To say they eat the PP fee is not true. I'm almost sure they pass that on to the consigner. Certainly keeps me from consigning books with them.

I would prefer to see the buyer charged instead of the consigner. The buyer is paying 3% because he knows he has used the card and made that choice. But the consigner is paying 3% without any firsthand knowledge a card was used.

This is apparently not true as I have heard the CC consignor's contract states that the consignor has the discretion as to whether credit cards or PP for any of their specific lots. Not sure if any consignor would want to limit their pool of potential bidders however. hm

And yes, I also believe that only non-fee bearing payments (i.e. no credit cards or PP payments) are supposedly accepted by CC for any invoices over $2,500 in order to protect the consignor. Either that, or CC might absorb the 3% fees themselves, if they do decide to accept fee-based payments for invoices over $2,500 from select customers. (shrug)

I would like to see that with my own eyes. Having consigned books years ago and as recent as last auction, I totally failed to see where I had the option to opt out of getting hit after the sale with a 3% fee. Again I likely missed it, but had I been prompted to check a yes or no box to make my consignment agreement valid, then no it would never had gotten by me.

I would suspect there must be a Edgar Church copy of this book although it's not listed in Chuck's Mile High catalogue since it starts off with a NM+ copy of WW 2. hm

The Church copy has been "missing" since the late 70s. Chuck sold it to a walk-in at the store, not any of the usual buyers. Most likely if it resurfaces it will not be in the same condition, but you never know.

That Batman #1 CGC 2.0 is almost at 80 000$....seems like Batman #1 is in the same league as Superman #1!!

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=686138

Did not think it would soar this high. Wow.

+1, pretty amazing result :o

Tape? Glue? Who cares I want an entry level Bat 1 darnit!!! No I didn't buy it.

I can see a Bat 1 in your signature line hm

Is that black stuff ''mold'' on the Batman #1 CGC 6.5?

And it just sold for 180 000$....not exactly on the same level as a Superman #1 CGC 6.5.

Outstanding. Congratulations to the buyer and seller. With the Fed raising interest rates and forecasting the need to continue to raise more, this sale may very well be the high water mark for some time.

:o
That Batman #1 CGC 2.0 is almost at 80 000$....seems like Batman #1 is in the same league as Superman #1!!

Is that black stuff ''mold'' on the Batman #1 CGC 6.5?

And it just sold for 180 000$

+2

Wowza........2 pretty aggressive prices on these 2 Bat 1 copies here. :applause:

Especially considering the dry glue & tape of the 2.0 copy and all that black "stuff" on the spine of the 6.5 copy. :o

anyonenknow what the cap 46 holocaust covee sold for? 2.0 pgx

Looks like it sold for $2,100. :gossip:

Not sure if this is a strong price or not for this classic cover book? Makes me want to think what a CGC graded 2.0 copy would sell for in comparison? hm

Not sure if this is a strong price or not for this classic cover book? Makes me want to think what a CGC graded 2.0 copy would sell for in comparison? hm

A 1.8 CGC way back in 2009 sold for 2,390 on gpa with the most recent sale being a 3.5 (also gpa) in September of this year for 5,888. Even though it was pgx it seemed to be fairly graded and presented really well too.

Good deal if I ever saw one, now I may be biased when I say that ;)

Tape? Glue? Who cares I want an entry level Bat 1 darnit!!! No I didn't buy it.

I can see a Bat 1 in your signature line hm

:idea:

A 1.8 CGC way back in 2009 sold for 2,390 on gpa with the most recent sale being a 3.5 (also gpa) in September of this year for 5,888. Even though it was pgx it seemed to be fairly graded and presented really well too.

Good deal if I ever saw one, now I may be biased when I say that ;)

This is my old book that I sold raw on ebay earlier this year after I couldn't get even 1,075 here on the boards! I guess the seller knew what he was doing...

You can see it raw here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9280746#Post9280746