• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Fate of the Furious

40 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, chezmtghut said:

After the clash between Diesel & Johnson, I'm not sure they will work together again. A spin-off might be the best move.

What was the whole story behind that? All I heard was The Rock send some disparaging stuff on social media, and than Diesel read it, and paid him a visit on the set and they had words. Any more info? 

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

8 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

What was the whole story behind that? All I heard was The Rock send some disparaging stuff on social media, and than Diesel read it, and paid him a visit on the set and they had words. Any more info? 

All I know is that there was an episode of Johnson's Ballers where some guy mistakes him for Diesel & his reaction was, "No way, I'm bigger & better looking". The moment I saw that, I knew trouble was brewing. News of the clash came quickly after that episode aired. It might be what started the whole thing, but I can't say for sure.

Edited by chezmtghut

Just now, chezmtghut said:

All I know is that there was an episode of Johnson's Ballers where some guy mistakes him for Diesel & his reaction was, "No way, I'm bigger & better looking". The moment I saw that, I knew trouble was brewing. News of the clash came quickly after that episode aired. It might be what started the whole think, but I can't say for sure.

Honestly, Johnson is the main reason why I have soured on the Fast and Furious series. As soon as he comes into a series he takes it over.

He goes into the GI JOE the movie series and it  focuses on his character,neglecting all the other great characters like Snake Eyes, and Storm Shadow.

He signs up for a Shazam movie which I waited years for, than it all gets pushed back to focus on his Black Adam character. I want a Shazam movie. All Black Adam will be is just another Rock movie..

I for one think  Johnson has hit the wall and has now become overexposed. You know what I mean? Where the actor has become so exposed that they start to become a parody of themselves? Where you say another Rock movie,than I know what I am getting.

Don't get me wrong I like the Rock's movies and thought Hercules was brilliant,but it is getting to the point where when Johnson signs up for a series than you know he will take total control of it just like he did with GI JOE,SHAZAM and THE FAST AND FURIOUS.

1 hour ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Don't get me wrong I like the Rock's movies and thought Hercules was brilliant,but it is getting to the point where when Johnson signs up for a series than you know he will take total control of it just like he did with GI JOE,SHAZAM and THE FAST AND FURIOUS.

I think you are forgetting The Mummy. lol 

Saw it Friday night and it was a good flick.  Nothing crazy or over the top but a good popcorn flick that my wife and I enjoyed.

I also think Vin Diesel's probably jealous of The Rock.

Fast and the Furious is _his_ franchise, but The Rock is now a bigger actor, and Fate of the Furious proved that the series can work without Paul Walker or Jordana Brewster.

It's an easy leap to see how it could also work well without Vin Diesel or Michelle Rodriguez:

The Rock, Jason Stratham, Kurt Russell, Helen Mirren, Tyrese, Ludacris, etc. still make for a solid team.

Furious has been Diesel's main project for the past 10 years, so it will be a shame if The Rock pushes him out. I think the spin-off should only take Johnson, Statham, Russell & Eastwood at most. If they take everyone from the original series, they might as well just get rid of Diesel/Rodriguez & forget about making a spin-off.

1 hour ago, chrisco37 said:

I'm still stunned that this franchise is such a juggernaut.  I barely made it thru the first one.  Haven't seen any others.  

They grow on you. I was a big fan of the Grand Theft Auto video game series. So this was a good supplement to it.

I recommend the first four of The Fast and Furious series when it was more cultish and not mainstream big time.

Except the best 3 in the series are 5, 8, and 1, probably in that order.

5-8 are qualitatively different than 1-4. The former are primarily "street racing flicks."

4 begins the transition to "multi-ethnic Ocean's 11-style heist flick" that then is in full force in 5.

2 hours ago, Gatsby77 said:

Except the best 3 in the series are 5, 8, and 1, probably in that order.

5-8 are qualitatively different than 1-4. The former are primarily "street racing flicks."

4 begins the transition to "multi-ethnic Ocean's 11-style heist flick" that then is in full force in 5.

That is where we are different for the direction of the series.

You enjoyed Ocean's 11-style heist flick feel, while I enjoyed the street racing flick feel.

The first 4 for me was more like family atmosphere vibe,while the ones after that got too Hollywood for me.

Either way it was a successful series. 

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

1 hour ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Interesting that this movie hasn't beaten Logan at the box office domestically. Seems like it made the bulk of its money internationally.

yGMsGJI.png

Incredible!

BOX OFFICE: THE FATE OF THE FURIOUS Crosses $1 Billion Internationally

Only five other movies in history have crossed $1 billion alone from the foreign box office, but now The Fate of the Furious has joined them!

The Fate of The Furious made 3.3 million this weekend overseas and that meant it crossed $1 billion from its foreign box office alone! Its current international total now stands at $1.001 billion and is the sixth highest grossing film ever in foreign box office history. Avatar ($2.03 billion), Titanic ($1.53 billion), Furious 7 ($1.16 billion), Star Wars: The Force Awakens ($1.13 billion), Jurassic World ($1.02 billion), and then Fast 8 ($1.01 billion). This also means that its the second film of the Fast and Furious franchise to make $1 billion from the foreign box office. This is something that not even Star Wars, Harry Potter or Marvel has accomplished yet. 

Add the domestic total to its foreign total and Fast 8 stands at a worldwide box office of $1.223 billion. That makes it the second highest grossing film of 2017 only after Disney's Beauty and the Beast ($1.232 billion).

:whatthe: