• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cap #2 on ebay

24 posts in this topic

I'll stick my neck out and say this book will finish not much shy of $9k.

Also the top bidder is just asking to be punishment bid by someone with balls, because he's stacked up the three top tier bids. :screwy:

There's a Cap #3 auction on the 'Bay now too. :shy:

i was hoping this one would fly right under the radar (pretty low grade with slight trimming

but who couldn't use a second Cap 3!!) :D

hah yea that copy is a hot mess but agree

Am I the only person who notices that GA stuff is getting out of hand in the auction world? It feels like all of the raw books that are being auctioned are getting ridiculous numbers, especially on eBay. I would be terrified to spend that much on a raw book on there.

This book is a perfect example. Its at over 10k, and it's not even graded and being sold by a person who doesn't have much experience selling comics. For all we know, there could be a page missing from the book.

I'll stick my neck out and say this book will finish not much shy of $9k.

Also the top bidder is just asking to be punishment bid by someone with balls, because he's stacked up the three top tier bids. :screwy:

It exceeded my prediction and there are at least 2 bidders in a war it seems. This could end up at a really inflated price.

Rolling the dice it presses to what...a 7.0? Seems aggressive.
it's not even close to a 7.0 without a press. Too much spine wear and the lower corners of the pages on the BC view appear stained. I'd say it's a 4.5 tops as the pics show and am surprised it went over $10k.

Rolling the dice it presses to what...a 7.0? Seems aggressive.
it's not even close to a 7.0 without a press. Too much spine wear and the lower corners of the pages on the BC view appear stained. I'd say it's a 4.5 tops as the pics show and am surprised it went over $10k.

Probably if you send it to PGX. :gossip:

Highly doubt it would receive anything even close to a 4.5 grade without some additional work on it, considering how much tougher CGC seems to be grading their books during the past few months. (shrug)