• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So... Anyone going to talk about Black #3?

64 posts in this topic

So at my LCS today I saw the cover for Black #3, and they had an alternate cover that is "uncensored". The comic itself has a reputation for touching the topics no one else will, but even for that book, I was kind of shocked.

At the end of the day, it is Art, it is controversial, and it is certainly going to start a whole new conversation.

So at my LCS today I saw the cover for Black #3, and they had an alternate cover that is "uncensored". The comic itself has a reputation for touching the topics no one else will, but even for that book, I was kind of shocked.

At the end of the day, it is Art, it is controversial, and it is certainly going to start a whole new conversation.

I saw that. I was surprised that not a one of them was over six feet, but I didn't think that would be controversial.

:jokealert:

With that out of the way, I actually thought it was lazy if it was actually trying to say something.

Haven't seen; can you post? I searched to no avail. Weird.

I don't read it, definitely not advocating, but found it for you

1.jpg

I believe the one originally referenced replaces one of the words on the signs by another much more derogatory word - chances are you can guess which word.

yah, that was taken from the publishers website so they obviously didnt want it on there. Anyway, i dont know much about this comic, but the 1st issue's cover has more than enough political propaganda to tap me out.

Just like finding things for people online :)

The only way it starts a lot of conversation on these boards is if it will make some $$$.

yah, that was taken from the publishers website so they obviously didnt want it on there. Anyway, i dont know much about this comic, but the 1st issue's cover has more than enough political propaganda to tap me out.

I would call it reality. Militarized police, guns, dude in a hoody with his hands up. What political propaganda are you referring to specifically?

I would call it reality. Militarized police, guns, dude in a hoody with his hands up. What political propaganda are you referring to specifically?

Woooooooboy...waiting to here this.

I saw that. I was surprised that not a one of them was over six feet, but I didn't think that would be controversial.

:jokealert:

With that out of the way, I actually thought it was lazy if it was actually trying to say something.

Is it a joke? If it is, it's not okay. The cover has a lot to do with ignorant attitudes like this. Comments are made over and over, just like this, which makes it okay. It's not okay. Same people go around spouting off 'all lives matter' because people have gotten so used to racism that they just don't see it anymore. #blacklivesmatter

Someone being shot with their hands up didnt happen and was a lie, hence propaganda.

As another user said, its trying to be edgey, but looks to be trying too hard and throwing everything at the wall hoping it sticks.

Someone being shot with their hands up didnt happen and was a lie, hence propaganda.

As another user said, its trying to be edgey, but looks to be trying too hard and throwing everything at the wall hoping it sticks.

Tell that to this guy

I can't really comment since I haven't read the book, but god this topic drives me nuts! Oppression, racism, ignorance, perpetual stereotypes and a whole lot more. But no one will admit that the problem is on BOTH sides.

Also, that guy on the end is DEFINITELY a thug. I seen a few...

Also, that guy on the end is DEFINITELY a thug. I seen a few...

Or it's someone dressed how they want to dress and that has nothing to do with who they are or what they do. Dude could be any number of things (including a "thug" or whatever code word we're using now) just like someone dressed like a crusty could be any number of things besides a tramp or an oogle. You literally have NO idea.

...Someone being shot with their hands up didnt happen and was a lie, hence propaganda...

You're really telling people that's never happened?

...Someone being shot with their hands up didnt happen and was a lie, hence propaganda...

You're really telling people that's never happened?

I am not getting sucked into a political debate so I didnt say any names. Do not attempt to take my comment regarding a particular incident into a general one.

I was referring to a very specific incident, about which a lie was repeated and continues to be repeated to this day, which the cover of the comic is making allusions to. It did not happen, making a cover adding in elements from it, political propaganda, as I said.

that's my final word on the subject which i kept specific to the comic and its cover, will not be baited by people breaking forum rules.