• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guillermo del Toro: AT HOME WITH MONSTERS (LACMA 2016)

18 posts in this topic

We loved the Guillermo del Toro: AT HOME WITH MONSTERS exhibit at LACMA. It is now touring and if you have a chance to see it, GO! Otherwise, check out this video tribute, with highlights from the show. It just scratches the surface of this incredible collection. Enjoy!

Looks like there are only two more stops for this exhibit, before it all goes back to del Toro. Here are some quick phone pics I took of some of the art. Some incredible art, enjoy!

Drew Struzan:

CycwJsuUoAAe1oX.jpg

Richard Corben:

CycwoFNUQAAEcjd.jpg

Moebius:

Cycw4yWUoAAvh7O.jpg

Looks like there are only two more stops for this exhibit, before it all goes back to del Toro. Here are some quick phone pics I took of some of the art. Some incredible art, enjoy!

Drew Struzan:

CycwJsuUoAAe1oX.jpg

Richard Corben:

CycwoFNUQAAEcjd.jpg

Moebius:

Cycw4yWUoAAvh7O.jpg

Where are the two other places it will be exhibited?

I don't know how far you have to go, but I took a trip from SF to LA and it was well worth it. Wouldn't go to Mexico City, but anywhere where I could fly in/out in a day, I'd seriously consider it.

IIRC, Minneapolis and Mexico City. Del Toro tweeted that there are only two more stops because he "wants his mess back!" I can understand!

I haven't read the tweet that Felix mentioned, but the three cities that have always been part of the exhibition since it's inception were LA, Minneapolis and Toronto.

From the website: "This exhibition was organized by the Los Angeles County Museum of Art, Minneapolis Institute of Art, and Art Gallery of Ontario"

He may have since cut out the Toronto stop but as a Canadian who is very much looking forward to seeing the show (in Toronto 9/30/17 to1/7/18), that would be hugely disappointing.

I also found this, hopefully it's helpful:

http://screenrant.com/guillermo-del-toro-at-home-with-monsters-tour/

The relevant bit:

He noted that the enchanting exhibit will move from LACMA to the Minneapolis Institute of Art, and then the Art Gallery of Ontario, before traveling to Mexico “Because it’s my home country. But then after that, I want my s**t back! “ He laughed, pounding the table for emphasis, “I want my s**t in my house. It’s been horrible to go home (without them there).”

But what about New Yorkers–and other far flung fans–who desperately want to see del Toro’s marvelous monster display before it’s returned back to his impossibly cool and creepy home? The delighted director chuckled once more, then advised fans traveling to see it, noting, “Go in the summer! Minnesota is closer.”

“At Home With Monsters” is on display at LACMA through November 27th. From there, the enticing exhibit will be remounted at MIA from March 5, 2017 to May 28, 2017, then at AGO from September 30, 2017 to January 7, 2018. So, plan your fan field trips accordingly.

Oops! I misread this tweet:

At Home with Monsters will not travel anywhere else than Minn. To. CDMX Why? Because I want my mess back :)

Read it as "Minneapolis TO Mexico City". Congrats to Canadian fans!

Oops! I misread this tweet:

At Home with Monsters will not travel anywhere else than Minn. To. CDMX Why? Because I want my mess back :)

Read it as "Minneapolis TO Mexico City". Congrats to Canadian fans!

Well, that doesn't inspire me to book non-refundable tickets to Minneapolis lol