• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Platt Appreciation

34 posts in this topic

SPLATT is hit or miss judging from some of these posts. I liked his Moon Knight and Prophet covers back in the day though. His female crotchial regions are weird looking, he's not quite sure what to do there. I guess these guys all have their weaknesses, like Liefield with faces and bodies and limbs and guns and swords and backgrounds.

Is that a double entendre? :roflmao:

SPLATT is hit or miss judging from some of these posts. I liked his Moon Knight and Prophet covers back in the day though. His female crotchial regions are weird looking, he's not quite sure what to do there. I guess these guys all have their weaknesses, like Liefield with faces and bodies and limbs and guns and swords and backgrounds.

Is that a double entendre? :roflmao:

If this is going to turn into another Liefeld hate thread? Because I always come prepared with my favorite bit of his work if that's the case.

0BouWh9.png

Platt's an interesting guy.

He was at our Fan Expo here a couple years ago. He wasn't too busy, so I got to chat with him a bit, and got him to start a sketch. He said he had started by going to some famous Advertising School, and then somehow got in to comics after he had finished there, because his strength was in illustration. He doesn't do much with comics now because he keeps quite busy with film work. I believe he did the layouts for the opening credits for the Ninja Turtles Movies, and some stuff for Godzilla, and various others. He didn't finish the sketch at the show, and I ended up getting the finished piece about 18 months later.

zXeqqCG8_2210151557311.jpg

Took a while but the two Platt books I wanted in 9.8 condition were finally found (Prophet #4 and UXF #25).  Both arrived this week and I could not be happier.  Thanks to everybody who made this possible.

Moon Knight #55 (1st Platt artwork)

Prophet #4 (Variant)

Uncanny X-Force #25 (Variant)

Untitled.thumb.png.ebe8fbe8adb5f14ce042b58f54cbc8a6.png