• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone selling CGC 9.8 for next weeks Suicide Squad Vs Justice League #1

13 posts in this topic

I know there's a few members around here who sell preorders on CGC 9.8 books, so I was curious if anyone was doing it for this one. Not sure why but I'm getting at least a few copies. I was thinking about both the normal #1 cover and the #1 midtowncomics virgin variant. Anyone else excited about it? Speculation thoughts? I know it will have a massive print run but that hasn't stopped some books in the past from going up.

1593201_xl.jpg

what are the chances of actually getting a 9.8 from midtown comics never bought anything from them before

I just received a shipment from Midtown (around 20-30 issues so boxed), and to me, most actually look like a 10 (so probably translates to 9.6-9.8 CGC). However, if you only order a few issues, they use envelopes so you're at the mercy of the USPS gods. Particularly during Christmas season? Good luck.

^Yeah I've heard a lot of complaints about shipping from Midtown, if you complain to customer service about their shipping method being responsible for damage, they usually say something like choose the more expensive shipping method to get a box.

I will probably be able to get the regular covers fairly easily from my LCS but if anyone plans on doing these virgin covers from midtown please send me a PM.

Agreed on both, I want a cool virgin cover to keep for myself, and I don't think they will ever increase. When you have a massive store with a non-numbered variant, they will probably sell an unlimited amount and never run out of stock on it. Mark Brooks is one of the best though.

I won't be going through the hassle of buying sight unseen and hoping for the best, it rarely ever works out.

will these variants be another pump and dump variant seems to be how things are with these. I do like the sketch virgin variant tho I wouldn't mind having one of those for myself to keep

This will most likely not see a value increase.

This pretty much. On the upside, virgin variant is only $15 and is free to order. You're not required to buy an entire set just to get the specific version you like. Granted, I do like the color connecting covers, too.

Hard for me to decide between Midtown (Mark Brooks), Francesco Mattina and Legacy (Artgerm Lau) so I'll probably end up buying none. Didn't really like the Dell'Otto. Ah, the paradox of choice.

Maybe I'll wait next year if Midtown might have their exclusive on sale. I got an email a wee bit earlier that their older store exclusive variants were like 20-40% off or something.

I'd be hesitant with Midtown unfortunately. It just seems more and more lately that the people in their employ are completed oblivious to the consumer. Like 90sChild said, if you actually show some concern for the books you purchased from them and they don't actually fall within real grading parameters and speak to customer service, they just dismiss the claim and never want to receive blame.

Their quality control has horribly dropped in the recent year. I always purchase enough items to unfortunately for my wallet but fortunately for the books, to receive an actual box. Their box is usually lined with bubble wrap and secured. That's where the issue lies, because the packing is good and keeps the items safe, so obviously, which they fail to recognize, the items were not screened before shipped and serve me no value in the order placed. Then they give you a runaround if you want to want to get your money back or exchange a book for a replacement.

Their store variants however you may get lucky with since it seems they keep those in better conditions. Most of the time. I've severely scaled back my purchases from them recently due to this lack of care pretty much for their business. Even the replacement book I received (mind you, the order had 19 books that were returned) came in scuffed all over the back cover. After that, I'm just fed up and havent even bothered contacting them about the replacement damage. Hope that helps, good luck!

Agree with you on hard to decide between Brooks, Lau, and Mattina. I didn't like Dell'otto either, not enough going on. Too many of these are Harley vs WW. Although my nag on the Mattina is only having 3 of each team members per cover.

I think Lau is the most grandeur looking.

lFuKaK4.jpg

I do like Bermejo because I have his set of #1-8 variants on the SS title.

qnFYSqE.jpg

Dell'otto has some humor but a little too impressionist looking.

tkKyUM3.jpg

Mattina. Too much blank space here for a connecting cover set.

gx3Ipk5.jpg

FYI midtown now has mark brooks autographed versions of all three books up for the same price as the original unsigned ones. Still not sure if I want to risk the mail damage, though.

Couldn't decide before between the Midtown and Artgerm Legacy. Guess this is what I'll end up buying. lol