• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel October 1999 ~ February 2000 US Newsstand Price Variants
8 8

381 posts in this topic

What is your major market? Trying to nail down where these things are from. If you're getting all of these and now from two different buys, that would lend credence your market being one. I think Jamestown, NY is another.

Edited by FlyingDonut

3 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

It's looking like 6 variants (3 x $2.29 and 3 x $2.49) will be the maximum per title isn't it:

2.3.thumb.PNG.5119c13acf2cff271e8add89dd4de377.PNG

Definitely looks that way to me. 

I probably won’t be processing that huge newsstand collection until summer. We buy around 40-45 collections a month and that one’s just not high on the priority list, so it will likely wait until we bring on extra summer staff. But when we do I’ll get all the Oct99-Feb00 books together and confirm whether the $2.29 Cable books are there (and reconfirm there are no other titles with variants in it).

12 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

I probably won’t be processing that huge newsstand collection until summer. We buy around 40-45 collections a month and that one’s just not high on the priority list, so it will likely wait until we bring on extra summer staff. But when we do I’ll get all the Oct99-Feb00 books together and confirm whether the $2.29 Cable books are there (and reconfirm there are no other titles with variants in it).

Thanks lighthouse - it will be good to see if the final four are in there (assuming a 36 maximum books overall position). If you get time, a full shot of each book you've found so far would be great for the files / thread history. As and when though - I know you're busy. Cheers, Steve

4 hours ago, lighthouse said:

The other one to look for is the general newsstand for Thor 19. We can't find one.

On 1/28/2019 at 4:42 PM, lighthouse said:

Is it Summer yet lighthouse? :)

On 1/28/2019 at 5:07 PM, fastballspecial said:

This is alot of information to process once I read it again. I will come back with some questions.

You're not still reading are you fastballspecial? We're waiting for questions man! :)

On 1/28/2019 at 8:56 PM, FlyingDonut said:

The other one to look for is the general newsstand for Thor 19. We can't find one.

....still.  Flippin comic can't exist, surely!? hm

3 minutes ago, masterlogan2000 said:

Picked up this beauty at C2E2 last week.  It's a solid copy, but spine ticks bring it down to VF.  Now I have two in my collection!   :bigsmile:

Two of this book, or two price variants overall !? :grin:

Only 30 to go if the latter. Or 34 if you trust my hypothesizing.

I'll post my Thor #19 NS tomorrow! (thumbsu

7 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Two of this book, or two price variants overall !? :grin:

Pssshhh.... have you not followed or remembered any of my posts?  I collect these Hulk #8s and the X-Men price variants.  For what I'm hunting, the only one I'm missing is the X-Men #96 ($2.49), which I'm pretty sure @FlyingDonut scooped up from under my nose on eBay one time.

With that said, I'm open to a trade if anyone has the X-Men book I'm missing.  I have multiples of a couple of the others.

9 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

I'll post my Thor #19 NS tomorrow! (thumbsu

Can't wait to see it!

2 minutes ago, masterlogan2000 said:

Pssshhh.... have you not followed or remembered any of my posts?

Oh the irony!

I was kidding. Well done Master Logan (thumbsu

Figured I'd give everyone the heads up, since I already own a copy.  Hulk #8 $2.49 edition for a modest price.  Condition is a little rough, but this would make a great placeholder.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Incredible-Hulk-8-Marvel-Nov-1999-Wolverine-vs-Hulk/254302925548?hash=item3b35a2b2ec:g:MpcAAOSwWnpdMeSg

We've get our first ever mention (to my knowledge) in Overstreet #49, courtesy of my input into Jon McClure's market report! 

:headbang:

8.PNG.29eea6b9be308930622377e7ad43989e.PNG

9.PNG.1fddd7c5d2ac44d5db47a4393b14e26e.PNG

I still check often for new copies, but to no avail. And still no regular $1.99 Thor #19 newsstand? 

Bonkers. 

5 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

We've get our first ever mention (to my knowledge) in Overstreet #49, courtesy of my input into Jon McClure's market report! 

:headbang:

8.PNG.29eea6b9be308930622377e7ad43989e.PNG

9.PNG.1fddd7c5d2ac44d5db47a4393b14e26e.PNG

I still check often for new copies, but to no avail. And still no regular $1.99 Thor #19 newsstand? 

Bonkers. 

You think someone has been reading this thread? xD

On 7/30/2019 at 6:20 AM, Braddoskas said:

This has been an awesome read from start to finish! Thanks !!!!

Thanks Brad! :)