• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tomb of Dracula fans

99 posts in this topic

My favourite cover is issue 48 followed by issue 55, 48 captures Colan's Dracula  the best in all his majestic artwork. I never knew about Gene or his Dracula until the mid-seventies when U.K television started showing an advert for two new comics coming out that October, Planet of the apes and of course Dracula lives. I remember cycling to my local newsagent hoping that they had arrived, this lasted for a few weeks and then I got my copy free poster and all. I did not even know that these were reprints and were first published in colour, the reason for that was all U.K reprints were in B/W. Possibly that's what got me interested in the artist as his work stood out in B/W plus I loved horror (big hint in my avatar) Vampires women and slayers oh my.  My only annoyance was those damned slayers, they would always have the upper-hand to kill him but what did they do? " This time Dracula we are going to finish your reign...When (insert weapon here) we use this to kill you!" Meanwhile he has already left the room or turned to mist sheesh. I still loved the series.

I just won ToD #4 in 9.8 WP, the centering isn't great, but there're 4 books in 9.8 and none better - and not all have pure White Pages. 

I might have to wait forever if I insist on 9.8 + WP + perfect centering, sigh.

My new ToD #4 9.8 can be seen here:

http://www.myslabbedcomics.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=43444&GSub=2546

Fangs to Scott Dunbar and IDW we will have a new a Gene Colan Tomb of Dracula Artist edition this December I for one can't wait. This has been at the top of my wants list for years along with a Ditko Spider-man and now the wait is nearly over.  I'm going to get two I just have to get these framed, now all I need is something called W.A.L.L.S?

https://modernagereader.com/product/gene-colan-tomb-of-dracula-artist-ed-hc-c-0-1-2/

Edited by tv horror
link

7 hours ago, Rune said:

BWS' unpublished cover to TOD #8 sold on HA.com yesterday, but although I'm a great fan of BWS I think the published ToD #8 is *much* better (Dracula looks weird on the BWS cover, like he's looking down at the ground and not really connecting with his dinner :grin:)

lf.thumb.jpg.692375c6418b39e6eedc4b1e42c7ea4b.jpg

598f30f86f718_lf(1).thumb.jpg.0f49bba655367a1c2bebb7555929858d.jpg

I think they are both Fantastic! :luhv: I would have liked to see how the BWS cover would have turned out inked, and colored. hm

8 hours ago, Rune said:

BWS' unpublished cover to TOD #8 sold on HA.com yesterday, but although I'm a great fan of BWS I think the published ToD #8 is *much* better (Dracula looks weird on the BWS cover, like he's looking down at the ground and not really connecting with his dinner :grin:)

Interesting... never saw this before. Thanks for posting it!

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 0:49 PM, Rune said:

Amazing!

1 hour ago, Comicdey said:

Girl looks like she could be out of a Conan story 

TOD #8 came out 2 months after the epic Conan #24...BWS firing on all cylinders. :cloud9: 

I think this cover would have looked incredible had it been inked by BWS back in the day.