• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The thread we've all been waiting for - post your Boris and Julie pieces
1 1

133 posts in this topic

On 4/9/2020 at 12:10 PM, Jeremyamoto said:

Here’s my contribution to this thread! Julie Bell’s cover artwork to the unreleased game for the Super Nintendo, Arcus Odyssey.

ADAE89E8-C438-49E9-A3AA-6800D5A17ED8.jpeg

I played that game on the Genesis. That's the second game someone pointed out that they did. We talked about their Valis cover somewhere around here.

6 hours ago, GeneticNinja said:

I played that game on the Genesis. That's the second game someone pointed out that they did. We talked about their Valis cover somewhere around here.

They probably did around 40 of them when you add them all up between Boris and Julie.   I had at least a dozen of them at one time 

Edited by Bronty

On 4/11/2020 at 8:23 AM, Bronty said:

They probably did around 40 of them when you add them all up between Boris and Julie.   I had at least a dozen of them at one time 

Did you have the Valis one? I only did a quick search so far. I need to find a gallery with all of their video game covers.

4 hours ago, GeneticNinja said:

Did you have the Valis one? I only did a quick search so far. I need to find a gallery with all of their video game covers.

I do have that one yes

4 hours ago, GeneticNinja said:

I need to find a gallery with all of their video game covers.

I think we did something along those lines in the Facebook group

I have several Boris pieces, this one at his peak time (in my opinion). A hero, a villain, a monster and a damsel in distress. What more can you ask for!

I mentioned in another forum, how a lot of pieces from a certain artist work hit the market at one time (like a collector dumps 20-30 piece all at once). Between 2005-2007, it seemed like Heritage had 3-4 pieces of his every auction (and some in the illustration auctions). Now, if they have two or three pieces a year, that good (and that doesn't mean they are any good).

1440583508_VallejoBoris-TheBestofLeighBrackettPaperbackCover.jpg.e9403083d5d78229f0cbb69d038aba80.jpg

On 3/9/2018 at 3:49 PM, Bronty said:

Kind thanks to another boardie... have managed to pick up my favorite Vallejo.

This is where Caira makes cracks about coconut oil and says to himself "I gotta hit the gym!"   (Love ya Chris).

So at long last I can update this thread with the seller's pic while I wait for it to arrive.

Golden Axe II

x8nKetg.jpg

And who took that lousy picture. I do like the frame though!!!! Wait, that frame is sitting in my closet with no art in it.doh!

14 minutes ago, sfilosa said:

I have several Boris pieces, this one at his peak time (in my opinion). A hero, a villain, a monster and a damsel in distress. What more can you ask for!

I mentioned in another forum, how a lot of pieces from a certain artist work hit the market at one time (like a collector dumps 20-30 piece all at once). Between 2005-2007, it seemed like Heritage had 3-4 pieces of his every auction (and some in the illustration auctions). Now, if they have two or three pieces a year, that good (and that doesn't mean they are any good).

1440583508_VallejoBoris-TheBestofLeighBrackettPaperbackCover.jpg.e9403083d5d78229f0cbb69d038aba80.jpg

Terrific!

1 hour ago, sfilosa said:

That’s beautiful. I love the attention to detail in the skin on the reptile. It’s a lot like an iguana where they have a lot of extra skin in the dewlap area.  When Boris is “on” he’s hard to beat.

1 hour ago, sfilosa said:

And who took that lousy picture. I do like the frame though!!!! Wait, that frame is sitting in my closet with no art in it.doh!

I have the mass produced game art  for that sitting on the kitchen shelf. Didn’t realize until recently it was Boris. I just liked the art and got it in a collection of video games

10 hours ago, Westy Steve said:

I have the mass produced game art  for that sitting on the kitchen shelf. Didn’t realize until recently it was Boris. I just liked the art and got it in a collection of video games

Boris and Julie did a good 30 or 40 of them.  Most of them are very easily identified between typically being signed and the style they are painted in.   

A few of the more popular/notable titles besides golden axe 2 would include Turrican, Run Saber, King of Dragons, Double Dragon V, Phantasy Star IV, Castle Wolfenstein 3D, Splatterhouse 3 and Demon’s Crest.

Edited by Bronty