• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC et al To Aggressively Defend Against Lawsuit Filed In Pennsylvania
11 11

584 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, kav said:

Again only what I've read by being reversed repeatedly can be great ammo for other candidate if judge has any political aspirations.  Plus the ribbing from other judges.  "Guess you missed that day in law school!  Win some lose some!".

First of all, not all judges are elected.  In some states (and the federal bench) they are appointments.  But what you're referring to really isn't reality.  Far more the exception than the norm from the bench.  

Just now, Foolkiller said:

First of all, not all judges are elected.  In some states (and the federal bench) they are appointments.  But what you're referring to really isn't reality.  Far more the exception than the norm from the bench.  

No I mean if they want to say run for mayor or whatnot.  Or if they are an elected judge.

7 minutes ago, Foolkiller said:

am i remembering incorrectly? I thought in my small virginia town they were elected. my dad mentioned something like he was (a political party) and the populace was overwelmingly (the other political party) so he would not likely win.

9 minutes ago, NoMan said:

am i remembering incorrectly? I thought in my small virginia town they were elected. my dad mentioned something like he was (a political party) and the populace was overwelmingly (the other political party) so he would not likely win.

depends on the state.  NJ appoints their judges (appointed by Governor)

sorry I've come in late to this thread, but what was the original issue I was reading it had to do with restoration and being reversible? Does anyone have the full story of what happened or what brought about this lawsuit? 

10 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Um, yes, He wasn't sure if judges were elected or not.

And apparently that was enough for a warning? Um, yea, ok....

He never said what you claimed he was saying. He stated that his father said one judge was a "star-bellied Sneetch" and that since the county's populace was overwhelmingly "non-star-bellied", the judge would have no chance in winning. Personal voting never came into the conversation.

IDK anything about a warning. If CGC took your post down, it was not because of me, I can assure you that. I did not hump the button on your post.

(shrug)

-slym

52 minutes ago, slym2none said:

He never said what you claimed he was saying. He stated that his father said one judge was a "star-bellied Sneetch" and that since the county's populace was overwhelmingly "non-star-bellied", the judge would have no chance in winning. Personal voting never came into the conversation.

IDK anything about a warning. If CGC took your post down, it was not because of me, I can assure you that. I did not hump the button on your post.

(shrug)

-slym

You're right after I've read the context again.

I don't think anyone button humped. Just someone being overly aggressive. Sometimes it would be nice if mods showed up in the Modern section.

3 hours ago, slym2none said:

(shrug)

-slym

Those star-bellied Sneetches are beetches. meh

2 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Those star-bellied Sneetches are beetches. meh

Each kind thinks they are superior to the other, while both are the exact same besides the number of stars on their bellies.

:ohnoez:

-slym

Edited by slym2none

3 hours ago, slym2none said:

(shrug)

-slym

I am so lost.... oh well Go Maple syrup hockey stickie thingie 

12 minutes ago, slym2none said:

Each kind thinks they are superior to the other, while both are the exact same besides the number of stars on their bellies.

:ohnoez:

-slym

meh