• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM - Amazing Fantasy #15 (Sending to CGC)

39 posts in this topic

Nice book I'll say 4.5

It would grade higher if not for the marvel chipping / tape on front cover as well colour breaking creases and slight water damage on the back cover. I am assuming the book is complete and not restored but then again like you said 1972 $25 was big bucks to spend for comic book.

Decent midgrade copy aside from the chipping. I'm terrible at gauging how CGC will treat chipping, but from what I've seen 4.5 seems about right.

As I recall $25 for a halfway decent copy was a pretty good deal in 1972. A buddy of mine paid $35 for a low grade one around that time.

I think 4.0 to 4.5 - Many graded examples out there to use as a guide - Do you have a picture of what it looked like in 1972??

Pretty cool considering it was only 10 years old at the time of purchase. Kudos for hanging onto it for so long and welcome to the boards!

Edited by ivegotneatstuff

THE VERDICT IS IN!  Just got word from CGC about my Amazing Fantasy #15

CGC GRADE: 5.0

I was hoping for a 4.5 or better so I'm very pleased.  Thanks for all the opinions -- most were spot on or very close. 

Graders Notes:

Foxing full top of front cover
marvel chipping front cover
small tear with crease bottom of front cover
small, multiple crease right bottom of front cover

spine stress lines

Nice grade. I think the chipping is just accepted on this book. Its clean and presents well. I would have thought 4.5 but it was so nice not surprised by 5.0. Question, on the original photo it looks like there is browned tape. Was that removed or still there? Or was it just trick of the light at the bottom center cover?

3 minutes ago, NoMan said:

Thank you for letting us trying to learn grading what CGC put it at. :D

Man it's early. I'm not sure that's even English. Thank you for posting the CGC grade is what I was trying to say.

On 2/8/2017 at 10:29 AM, comicdude72 said:

I was hoping for a 4.5 or better so I'm very pleased.  Thanks for all the opinions -- most were spot on or very close. 

Graders Notes:

spine stress lines

Congrats!

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 1:29 PM, comicdude72 said:

Graders Notes:

spine stress lines

Awesome acquisition.