• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is your main collecting goal/focus for 2017?
2 2

76 posts in this topic

Love the diversity of all the goals ! :applause:

I've retained the same focus obsession since 2009, trying to acquire all of the 164 Pre-Hero Marvel issues in as high a grade as I can afford to add to the Vault :

PHM_Group_Shot_10_16_v4_zps7jglzdbn.jpg

I've added several more since that pic, but still have a long way to go. So I can probably just copy this post for the "Goals of 20xx" threads for years to come :grin:

-bc

Every year I do a drawing challenge in October called Monster Month. I started doing it in 2009 and have been plugging away at it every year since. This year, somehow, I ended up doing a month of Kirby/Marvel monsters. Many of then were pre-hero designs. It made me want to start to pick up some of those books.

It started with this drawing of GOOM and went until the end of the month.

Those are so cool - thanks for sharing :headbang:

Gargantus' lips should be fuller :whistle:

-bc

I had started the year thinking that I wanted to add a Hulk #2, and put a significant dent in my Tales Of Suspense and Tales To Asonish runs. I got the Hulk in the mail yesterday :banana:

I guess we will see how far I can get on TOS and TTA in the last 11 months :D

My big issue is focus. I am easily distracted by nearly any Marvel silver age, and many DC ones too. If I would just thin out my hoard, I could possibly make a run at a low grade Hulk #1 to complete the 1 - 6 run.

Love the diversity of all the goals ! :applause:

I've retained the same focus obsession since 2009, trying to acquire all of the 164 Pre-Hero Marvel issues in as high a grade as I can afford to add to the Vault :

PHM_Group_Shot_10_16_v4_zps7jglzdbn.jpg

I've added several more since that pic, but still have a long way to go. So I can probably just copy this post for the "Goals of 20xx" threads for years to come :grin:

-bc

Now that's what you call dedication. Beautiful set.

Just updated my goals for 2017 and have a very short list of six books I want to be sure to procure this year.  In short they are (in my preferred priority order):

Thor #165
Fantastic Four #67
Fantastic Four #52
Fantastic Four #66
Marvel Premiere #1
Strange Tales #178

It's a very cosmic-y year, but I need to buckle down and get these Warlock books before too much more time passes and something causes a spike in prices.  And a dash of Black Panther!  Now to stay focused...

1.  Sell all the extra books Ive accumulated (90%) of my collection.  Get rid of ALL the ungraded books I have (I only read the TPBs) to clear space.

2.  Finish making a comic room

3.  As far as adding to the collection:  MS 5 9.0+, M Silvestri SS from Xmen 9.8, M Turner SS, Romita SS, Wolverine MS 1 9.8....... off the top of my head

4.  Buy 1 cover art original

18 minutes ago, piper said:

My focus will be early SA Marvels:

DD 7

FF 5

Avengers 4

JIM 83 or X-Men 1

I thought you were going to pick up some keys this year? :baiting:

Start with the X-Men 1 and JIM 83 then work your way down in from most expensive to least expensive on the rest. Good luck with the hunt! (thumbsu