• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Good, Bad or Indifferent, What is your last purchase for 2016?

121 posts in this topic

This is probably my last 2016 pickup. Not an easy book to find by any stretch of the imagination, but I bought a nice one on eBay, traded it, and then lightning struck again and I was lucky enough to find a replacement almost immediately. Also from eBay. The comic gods shined on me that day.

zip%2032_zpsvv6ijeav.jpg

Great looking copy

This is probably my last 2016 pickup. Not an easy book to find by any stretch of the imagination, but I bought a nice one on eBay, traded it, and then lightning struck again and I was lucky enough to find a replacement almost immediately. Also from eBay. The comic gods shined on me that day.

zip%2032_zpsvv6ijeav.jpg

Great looking copy

meh

After missing out on a low grade copy, this real nice copy came along just a few days later. Even though it looks like a crazy killer clown, The Crimson Clown is actually an early masked hero that appeared in 18 stories between 1926 and 1944. His creator, Johnston McCulley, also created Zorro.

Detective Story Magazine, May 2 1931

Vfj7QtGh.jpg

Wow that's nice. A classic pulp. My fave CC cover!

So cool! I want one now!

This will probably be my last pickup of 2016 (unless someone can find me a cap 2 or 46 :baiting:)

Exciting Comics 39, one of the most bizarre nazi covers, and a schomburg classic that blew up in recent years.

ld2kn.png

Great pick up Yaniv! As you know i just joined the club for that one this year too. (Robot-Man has two copies :baiting: )

AMAZING sig line btw. :applause:

This will probably be my last pickup of 2016 (unless someone can find me a cap 2 or 46 :baiting:)

Exciting Comics 39, one of the most bizarre nazi covers, and a schomburg classic that blew up in recent years.

ld2kn.png

Great pick up Yaniv! As you know i just joined the club for that one this year too. (Robot-Man has two copies :baiting: )

AMAZING sig line btw. :applause:

Thanks again Corey!

I know it's not as nice as your beautiful copy but I'm glad to have found one :) haha guess I'm going to knock on Robot-Man's door now.

Thanks you have a sweet one yourself (thumbs u

zip%2032_zpsvv6ijeav.jpg

I would be overjoyed to end the year with that one!

Final purchase of 2016...as of this very moment you never what will pop up in the final days...good chance this will be it for me though

30979174112_df8b3e7d80_b.jpg

You know I like that one (thumbs u

Thanks Gentleman!! May 2017 be full of joy and EXTREMELY prosperous to all of ya!!

and RM... I have my eyes set on a few DCs mainly the large logo's and some of the More Funs will definitely be in the mix. I haven't been shy about what my focus has been the last few years with the more off beat publishers being in the forefront but the mainstream stuff was never lost on me I really enjoy them as well. I will still be chasing the Publishers of yesteryear but would like to broaden the horizon a bit again. I have only ever owned one other More Fun besides for a raggedy front cover to #54 and it was a #77 that I had picked up from a GREAT boardie that I have since parted with to another GREAT boardie...

13801325495_7b9d80fec5_z.jpg

I saw he had a WTB for the issue and I had enjoyed it so I figured, "hey, why not make someone's day and fulfill a WTB and I can just upgrade mine sooner than later!!" Well it seems these issues are not nearly as common as I thought they would be because I hardly ever see them for sale and when I do they certainly dont go on the cheap side!! Cool books for sure I would own em all if I could!! then again thats probably part of the allure is that I know I can't so gotta be picky.

Thanks again gents it was a stellar year no doubt!!!