• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Good, Bad or Indifferent, What is your last purchase for 2016?

121 posts in this topic

This is probably my last 2016 pickup. Not an easy book to find by any stretch of the imagination, but I bought a nice one on eBay, traded it, and then lightning struck again and I was lucky enough to find a replacement almost immediately. Also from eBay. The comic gods shined on me that day.

zip%2032_zpsvv6ijeav.jpg

Spoke too soon! This came in today, just under the wire.

001_zps6uqdoxng.jpg

This is probably my last 2016 pickup. Not an easy book to find by any stretch of the imagination, but I bought a nice one on eBay, traded it, and then lightning struck again and I was lucky enough to find a replacement almost immediately. Also from eBay. The comic gods shined on me that day.

zip%2032_zpsvv6ijeav.jpg

001_zps6uqdoxng.jpg

You may not want the year to end.

I've been holding off on posting because I knew I had some books en route...I still may get something else tomorrow. If so, I'll update... :grin:

Two books arrived in today's mail....

After the first book, I only need one more issue to finish this 4-book run of Bible books...not an easy run to pull off in decent shape :

talesgreatbook4_f.jpg

Second book upgrades my TFTC #32...thanks, boardie! :foryou:

tftc32a_f.jpg

I've been holding off on posting because I knew I had some books en route...I still may get something else tomorrow. If so, I'll update... :grin:

After the first book, I only need one more issue to finish this 4-book run of Bible books...not an easy run to pull off in decent shape :

talesgreatbook4_f.jpg

tftc32a_f.jpg

Nothing goes together better than Bible stories and EC! :D

talesgreatbook4_f.jpg

tftc32a_f.jpg

Nothing goes together better than Bible stories and EC! :D

Max Gaines would agree. Bill not so much.

Max Gaines would agree. Bill not so much.

Indeed lol

Did Max publish any horror stuff? I need to refresh my memory of the chronology by consulting the definitive source -- Ed's journal! :D

:grin:

hm Not that I know of...and certainly not at EC.

ECs first horror story was mid-1948...Max passed away about a year prior to that...coincidence? :D

I don't think anything he published while affiliated with All-American Publications/DC would qualify as horror, but I need to doublecheck that....I'm not as up to speed on the nitty-gritty details of the "pre-1944" Max Gaines. Also, the first horror comic "proper" came out around 1946-7 (I think)...so if he did anything before that, it would have to be some "horror-esque" story wedged into a superhero comic...but again, I don't know of one.

zip%2032_zpsvv6ijeav.jpg

001_zps6uqdoxng.jpg

SPECTACULAR!!! :applause: