• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Good, Bad or Indifferent, What is your last purchase for 2016?

121 posts in this topic

This is my last purchase of 2016

IMG_0212.jpgimage uploading site

And probably your first sale of 2017! :baiting:

:applause: This will make it til at least March, Tony!

I don't sell everything, you know? Just 75% - I pan a lot of gold and a little stays in my jar. Tony Beets "Gold Rush" reference.

The stuff I do sell gets to swirl around in the community and keep the GGA titles in the first page of the Gold sales forum a lot, which I think is a good thing. I like hunting, I like buying, I like selling for extremely marginal profits at best, and occasionally I like keeping too.

Got all of the following yesterday from a fellow collector:

Suspense #12

1179t82.jpg

The Thing #2

11hbfdj.jpg

9uvspy.jpg

Witches Tales #11

2eezq55.jpg

vypfnl.jpg

4tplr7.jpg

Adventures Into Weird Worlds #9

syxvti.jpg

Strange Stories from Another World #4

2hyast1.jpg

ekomk8.jpg

Baffling Mysteries #15

2mpfwoz.jpg

ws3cx4.jpg

Journey into Mystery #5

muwn7q.jpg

15ppp1t.jpg

Fight Against Crime #16

23wajb.jpg

Weird Science-Fantasy #26

xnvuow.jpg

5fmf7r.jpg

Here's my last pickup in 2016. Not the best of condition, but it's a Pep that I've wanted to find for a long time!

<a  href=https://s27.postimg.org/z08kbte4f/s_l225.jpg' alt='s_l225.jpg'>

This Christmas Eve buy came in; it will stand as my last GA buy of 2016, but my last 2016 buy period is early SA, (House of Mystery 84, the Negative Man prototype issue, from the $1 bin of one of those sad comic shops where no one buys back issues....more and more I see them...)

image_zpse5rampd8.jpeg

Well, it just turned midnight here at Casa Catrick, so it's official

My last purchase of the year was

CRACKAJACK 34

from our own Jimbo, a friend of Jesus.

This was my last purchase for December. It is the single highest graded copy. A very welcome addition to my collection. I will probably have it put into a new holder.

sensation15_zps1nv9ko2a.jpg

Nice pickup from Jeff! Having owned the Mile High run of Sensation Comics from #2-30 plus 40 others, I can tell you the #15 was damaged. Your copy is quite probably the best copy in existence!

Here's my last pickup in 2016. Not the best of condition, but it's a Pep that I've wanted to find for a long time!

<a  href=https://s27.postimg.org/z08kbte4f/s_l225.jpg' alt='s_l225.jpg'>

Any copy of that one is a good copy. Congrats!

This is my last purchase of 2016

IMG_0212.jpgimage uploading site

And probably your first sale of 2017! :baiting:

:applause: This will make it til at least March, Tony!

I don't sell everything, you know? Just 75% - I pan a lot of gold and a little stays in my jar. Tony Beets "Gold Rush" reference.

The stuff I do sell gets to swirl around in the community and keep the GGA titles in the first page of the Gold sales forum a lot, which I think is a good thing. I like hunting, I like buying, I like selling for extremely marginal profits at best, and occasionally I like keeping too.

Just kiddin ya! I think we all do some catch and release. A lot of great books out there and we all have budgets -- except Gator!

Have another great year in 2017, my friend!

I remember talking to a big dealer once and asking him about his collection. He said "My collection is my current inventory" Me, I'm a collector. I hang on to what I buy because I love my books or I wouldn't have bought them in the first place. Different strokes though, everybody's motivation is different.

That being said, it's Jan 1st Rick. Time for a new sales thread? I've got a new budget...?

I remember talking to a big dealer once and asking him about his collection. He said "My collection is my current inventory" Me, I'm a collector. I hang on to what I buy because I love my books or I wouldn't have bought them in the first place. Different strokes though, everybody's motivation is different.

That being said, it's Jan 1st Rick. Time for a new sales thread? I've got a new budget...?

Bob, I've moved it over to the bay. Just look for ricksneatstuff over there. Message me here about anything you want for the special no fee discount.

Hey, I just put one up here on the forum for ya.