• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Centaur a day...Funny Picture Stories 2/5 upgrade
4 4

1,275 posts in this topic

2 years was usually all it took for me to complete a goal

That is because you operate in your own little universe of rapid time realm :makepoint:

(I remember talking with Michelle Nolan about my catman run...she assumed it had taken me years to complete...nope, took 6 months as a comparison....

Stopped by thinking the Centaur was the big news update. But much to my surprise; that Catman completion run taking only 6 months is absolutely ridiculous. And I never knew you were in toys so far back in the day. Very nice.

Sounds like your are more than above average at tracking down hard to find books.

He's a monster. Don't look directly in his eyes or you'll be lucky to escape with the clothes on your back. :ohnoez:

I can verify that his monster gaze is not phased by oceans in between.

Oceans aside, tomorrow night I will post comic #1....I know you all can hardly wait lol

Sounds like your are more than above average at tracking down hard to find books.

He's a monster. Don't look directly in his eyes or you'll be lucky to escape with the clothes on your back. :ohnoez:

Oceans aside, tomorrow night I will post comic #1....I know you all can hardly wait lol

I have to go pee.

I have to go pee.

Any mention of water sets you off!

Well after a year of one right after another death of many of my childhood and adult stars (Bowie, Prince, Ali, Fisher, etc., etc.) I'm very much looking forward to this thread to start off 2017 with something positive to get my mind off some things so thank you for that. :)

This is a Centaur believe it or not!

Conflict1001_zps45a81b0a.jpg

:applause: Well, these shoulda been Centaurs, believe it or not... hm

ae5c5a4c-7953-4aaf-9d49-f3b01620d0c8_zps91dsipev.jpg9e93fab6-2e25-4843-898f-6485c4739cf1_zpsogfudeow.jpg

This is just a crowd pleasin' warm-up for Gator's daily headliners! :grin:

still love those...remember who is first in line should you decide to part ways with them!

Missed bo's post somehow. Thank goodness it's not a comic. Whew!

Since I showed them in Robot Man sales thread, I might as well show them here: two super-rare italian editions from 1945 that went "for a song" and that I should have really bid on (if not, to give them to Centaur collectors which might have been interested? hm )

I have never had them in hand, but I seem to get the first merges two issues of "Amazing Mystery Funnies" (the Fantom of the Fair stories) and the second is the italian edition of Speed #1. They were "one shots", came out as supplements of a journal publishing various comics. Very likely unauthorized and with "traced" artwork, still they are very cool and document the very limited printing of the GA material in Italy at the time.

l53vAPDh.jpg

OK...here we go....a new year....

first up is

Amazing Adventure Funnies #1

Published in June of 1940

Contains multiple Phantom of the Fair stories by Paul Gustavson, a Bill Everett story, Lew Glanzman (Glanz here), and an Air-Sub DX story by Carl Burgos...

Not a particularly tough issue to find (this is the 3rd copy I've owned), but not that common either...

IMG_4212_zps30wbtuan.jpg

AAF #1 is one of my personal favorites, the cover is only so-so, but the interior is indeed loaded!
it's only fitting that you keep posting in this thread's title :)
steve contributed some of my favorite books To the collection.

AAF #1 is one of my personal favorites, the cover is only so-so, but the interior is indeed loaded!
it's only fitting that you keep posting in this thread's title :)
steve contributed some of my favorite books To the collection.
(thumbs u

Book #2 is

Amazing Adventure Funnies #2

This short lived title evolved into Fantoman (which ran 3 more issues, but the first Fantoman is also numbered 2)...

Features a short story by Claire Moe..

This was one of the last 20 I needed to complete the publisher, so it is a little more difficult than most

IMG_4213_zpspmfli3f7.jpg