• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Centaur a day...Funny Picture Stories 2/5 upgrade
4 4

1,275 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, G.A.tor said:

Funny Pages 39

this was my first arrow cover fp purchase many moons ago. Got it from eBay raw and it was nice enough that before I sold off the collection, I got it graded. 

A few years ago at sdcc , when I had decided to collect the publisher again , I saw it on bedrocks wall and quickly purchased it. Again, it was my first arrow cover rebought. 

IMG_4532.JPG

Such a tough book, I've never owned one.

41 minutes ago, sacentaur said:

Such a tough book, I've never owned one.

I've owned this one twice and lower grade copy that was just auctioned on cc I believe

Funny Pages 40

maybe my favorite. I owned an attractive low grade copy (since traded away) but with Jon of clink told me of this copy, I knew I had to have it!

unlikely I will ever sell, even if I Berk (verb) one day!

IMG_4534.JPG

FP #40 - Sharp copy of a really tough book!  FP V4 #1 was always my favorite FP cover, but once I saw this book in person, it immediately jumped to the top of my list.  Almost as colorful as Wonderworld #11.   AMF v2#4 is my favorite Centaur cover, but this one is right there.

4 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

Funny Pages 40

maybe my favorite. I owned an attractive low grade copy (since traded away) but with Jon of clink told me of this copy, I knew I had to have it!

IMG_4534.JPG

Winner :smile:

12 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

Funny Pages 40

IMG_4534.JPG

Also my favorite - this one absolutely rocks!

16 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

Funny Pages 40

IMG_4534.JPG

Great book.  I don't think I've ever laid eyes on a copy.  

1 hour ago, G.A.tor said:

Funny Pages 41

IMG_4535.JPG

Very nice, Rick.

Remember that collection I obtained back in 2008? Think you got the low-grade (a dupe for me) FP 41 from me at that time, if I recall correctly?

Just now, sacentaur said:

Very nice, Rick.

Remember that collection I obtained back in 2008? Think you got the low-grade (a dupe for me) FP 41 from me at that time, if I recall correctly?

Yep! Sold it during the purge. Bought a copy from buttock , then got this copy from eBay last year !

23 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

Funny Pages 42

last issue of title

posting my current copy and newly acquired (a former copy and not yet arrived new copy) 

IMG_4536.JPG

IMG_4673.PNG

Just as tough as the rest 

33 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

Funny Picture Stories 1

24 issues upcoming , numbered 1-7, 2/1-2/11, 3/1-3/3, 3/4-3/6 (titled Comic Pages)

IMG_4684.JPG

Another one i really like a lot. Cool comic book character for sure! 

3 hours ago, comicjack said:

Just as tough as the rest 

Agreed - Overstreet lists just the 42 as scarce, but the rest (e.g., Funny Pages 40) are just as tough.

I got my raw copy from a Big Fish dealer in NYCC, and of course I later found out that it had undisclosed restoration (what else is new). :p