• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Centaur a day...Funny Picture Stories 2/5 upgrade
4 4

1,275 posts in this topic

Amazing man 25

This is a notoriously difficult book to obtain. The first time I collected I was unable to obtain one. Metropolis Auctioned the mile high copy about 6 years ago, but I lost out. So i obsessed over locating

Since then I've tried to acquire every copy I've seen over the past years

IMG_4264_zpsancgtvu0.jpg

Why is that copy only a 1.8?

I know, right? May all our 1.8's look so good.

presents like a 7.0+. Has spine split

Amazing man 25

This is a notoriously difficult book to obtain. The first time I collected I was unable to obtain one. Metropolis Auctioned the mile high copy about 6 years ago, but I lost out. So i obsessed over locating

IMG_4264_zpsancgtvu0.jpg

I thought it might be something like that, must be mostly split, as a book that looks that nice doesn't usually get hammered that hard even if the split is to a staple.

Amazing man 23

Actually one of my favorite issues/cover

You should take notice of Tommy , the amazing boy , who's introduced in this issue (sidekick)

Interestingly enough this cover was used for the promotional amazing mystery funnies that I will post at the end of that run

IMG_4262_zpsogqsvmie.jpg

These books look so much better sitting in mylars.

+1 for the book!

+10 for the Mylar!

Amazing man 25

IMG_4264_zpsancgtvu0.jpg

Definitely love these supposedly "low grade" copies that presents like a much higher grade copy. :takeit:

How severe is the spine split or is it to the point that the cover is almost detached? :(

Amazing man 25

IMG_4264_zpsancgtvu0.jpg

Definitely love these supposedly "low grade" copies that presents like a much higher grade copy. :takeit:

How severe is the spine split or is it to the point that the cover is almost detached? :(

i have tried to discern through slab but cant clearly see

How many copies are there?

From the CGC census, it looks like there are a total of 5 Universal copies graded so far, with the highest graded being 2 copies at 2.0 Good condition. :gossip:

funny. I own both 2.0s too

How many copies are there?

From the CGC census, it looks like there are a total of 5 Universal copies graded so far, with the highest graded being 2 copies at 2.0 Good condition. :gossip:

funny. I own both 2.0s too

HOARDER!! :baiting:

but I will happily trade for books I need...so I'm really just accumulating centaur currency!...and one of the 2.0's is eventually going to a friend in need :)

Amazing man 25

IMG_4264_zpsancgtvu0.jpg

Must have this book. Maybe you'll sell this year. *fingers crossed.

Amazing man 25

IMG_4264_zpsancgtvu0.jpg

I prefer to trade centaurs...but I do have 4 copies right now (well, 3, as I have promised 1 to a friend)...if nothing shows up I need to trade for, I might consider selling one

Amazing man 25

IMG_4264_zpsancgtvu0.jpg

I prefer to trade centaurs...but I do have 4 copies right now (well, 3, as I have promised 1 to a friend)...if nothing shows up I need to trade for, I might consider selling one

:idea:

If all 4 of your copies are graded, then maybe you should try and corner the entire market by buying up the fifth and last remaining graded copy left.

That way, you can have total complete world domination of the market for A-Man 25 and be able to ask any price that you want at all. lol:whee:

Amazing man 25

IMG_4264_zpsancgtvu0.jpg

:idea:

If all 4 of your copies are graded, then maybe you should try and corner the entire market by buying up the fifth and last remaining graded copy left.

That way, you can have total complete world domination of the market for A-Man 25 and be able to ask any price that you want at all. lol:whee:

These are the 4 I currently have. As mentioned one of the 2.0s is already committed to a friend.

IMG_4266_zpsurzhjgm3.jpg

Amazing man 26

This is the book that actually caused me to give up collecting centaurs back in 2010 or so.

The first copy I got, was a coverless copy a friend gave me. Then, a few years ago, a copy appeared on ebay and I was blessed enough to win it. Then 2 years ago, Ted bought a collection that had a copy in it, and I bought that too!. That is this copy, best of the 3

IMG_4265_zps6ymuuzje.jpg

Amazing man 26

This is the book that actually caused me to give up collecting centaurs back in 2010 or so.

The first copy I got, was a coverless copy a friend gave me. Then, a few years ago, a copy appeared on ebay and I was blessed enough to win it. Then 2 years ago, Ted bought a collection that had a copy in it, and I bought that too!. That is this copy, best of the 3

IMG_4265_zps6ymuuzje.jpg

Love it! :applause:

I don't want the run myself but I do want #22 one day to go with my 26.

Can you give your estimation of the number of copies that exist for each issue of Amazing-Man?

Amazing man 26

IMG_4265_zps6ymuuzje.jpg

Love it! :applause:

I don't want the run myself but I do want #22 one day to go with my 26.

Can you give your estimation of the number of copies that exist for each issue of Amazing-Man?

If I had to place an educated guess I would say there's no more than 15 or 20 copies of amazing man 26 that's out there in the active marketplace, and that might actually be high

I've seen many more amazing man 22s so I guess between 30 and 40 maybe ... at a time I could not locate a single copy of issue 26 I owned four copies of issue 22 at once

Amazing man 26

IMG_4265_zps6ymuuzje.jpg

If my fading memory serves me right, didn't CL have a low grade slightly restored copy that was auctioned off on their site for something like $6,300 or thereabouts approximately 5 years ago? hm(shrug)

Amazing man 26

IMG_4265_zps6ymuuzje.jpg

The great end to an Amazing run!!!!