• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Centaur a day...Funny Picture Stories 2/5 upgrade
4 4

1,275 posts in this topic

Amazing man 26

This is the book that actually caused me to give up collecting centaurs back in 2010 or so.

The first copy I got, was a coverless copy a friend gave me. Then, a few years ago, a copy appeared on ebay and I was blessed enough to win it. Then 2 years ago, Ted bought a collection that had a copy in it, and I bought that too!. That is this copy, best of the 3

IMG_4265_zps6ymuuzje.jpg

If my fading memory serves me right, didn't CL have a low grade slightly restored copy that was auctioned off on their site for something like $6,300 or thereabouts approximately 5 years ago? hm(shrug)

yes. I was underbidder.

Amazing man 26

This is the book that actually caused me to give up collecting centaurs back in 2010 or so.

The first copy I got, was a coverless copy a friend gave me. Then, a few years ago, a copy appeared on ebay and I was blessed enough to win it. Then 2 years ago, Ted bought a collection that had a copy in it, and I bought that too!. That is this copy, best of the 3

IMG_4265_zps6ymuuzje.jpg

The great end to an Amazing run!!!!

another "amazing" run starts tomorrow.

Amazing man 26

IMG_4265_zps6ymuuzje.jpg

I hate mysteries! :pullhair:

Amazing man 26

IMG_4265_zps6ymuuzje.jpg

Youse guys are always trying to be Funnie.............. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Amazing man 26

IMG_4265_zps6ymuuzje.jpg

If my fading memory serves me right, didn't CL have a low grade slightly restored copy that was auctioned off on their site for something like $6,300 or thereabouts approximately 5 years ago? hm(shrug)

yes. I was underbidder.

Any idea what happened to that particular copy as it no longer seems to show up in the CGC census?

Did it somehow managed to unrestored itself? hm

Amazing man 26

IMG_4265_zps6ymuuzje.jpg

yes. I was underbidder.

Any idea what happened to that particular copy as it no longer seems to show up in the CGC census?

Did it somehow managed to unrestored itself? hm

not sure

Amazing man 26

IMG_4265_zps6ymuuzje.jpg

You won't hate these ones!! Great 26 man!! Awesome book!!

Amazing mystery funnies v1, #1

While every Centaur collector has their favorite issue or run , this title seems to gather the most interest from collectors of all genres

I believe the first issue of this title I ever owned was v1,1 and if I recall correctly it was the Larson copy

Bill Everett's first nationally published work in comics was the cover to this issue

There are issues in this run that are every bit as rare and difficult to obtain as any centaur out there

So let's begin

IMG_4313_zpsvedbhikh.jpg

While every Centaur collector has their favorite issue or run , this title seems to gather the most interest from collectors of all genres

I believe the first issue of this title I ever owned was v1,1 and if I recall correctly it was the Larson copy

Bill Everett's first nationally published work in comics was the cover to this issue

There are issues in this run that are every bit as rare and difficult to obtain as any centaur out there

So let's begin

IMG_4313_zpsvedbhikh.jpg

Beautiful!!!! :applause:

A-Man was interesting, but these are the covers I'm popping popcorn for.

One question about the A-Man run though: I've read somewhere that some people view the numbering of A-Man as being a continuation of MPFW. Has that been debunked?

A-Man was interesting, but these are the covers I'm popping popcorn for.

One question about the A-Man run though: I've read somewhere that some people view the numbering of A-Man as being a continuation of MPFW. Has that been debunked?

Don't think so, but not sure why the numbering started at 5

So let's begin

IMG_4313_zpsvedbhikh.jpg

Beautiful!!!! :applause:

+1!

So neat to see Everett's sig before he developed the paint pallet design. :applause: