• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Centaur a day...Funny Picture Stories 2/5 upgrade
4 4

1,275 posts in this topic

Amazing mystery funnies v1/3

IMG_4315_zpsoqtuyezq.jpg

There are just so many covers that I love in the AMF run, yet I was unable to ever acquire a single sample one of these beautiful books for my collection. :cry:

Absolutely love the bright color combinations on this particular cover here. :cloud9:

Amazing mystery funnies v1/3

IMG_4315_zpsoqtuyezq.jpg

There are just so many covers that I love in the AMF run, yet I was unable to ever acquire a single sample one of these beautiful books for my collection. :cry:

Absolutely love the bright color combinations on this particular cover here. :cloud9:

the Everett amans, and the arrow funny pages rank high but I suspect amf overall is best /most consistent run of the publisher

Amazing mystery funnies v1,#4

Here's a copy that for over 10 years I never saw one surface for sale. I was fortunate enough to purchase this from a fellow boardie. And about a month or two later another nice example showed up in the market and was also purchased by a fellow boardie. So after not seeing any copy for almost 10 years all of a sudden two Newly surfaced copies! To me this is definitely one of the rarer centaurs in the hobby.

IMG_4317_zps09qcqddr.jpg

Here's a copy that for over 10 years I never saw one surface for sale. I was fortunate enough to purchase this from a fellow boardie. And about a month or two later another nice example showed up in the market and was also purchased by a fellow boardie. So after not seeing any copy for almost 10 years all of a sudden two Newly surfaced copies! To me this is definitely one of the rarer centaurs in the hobby.

IMG_4317_zps09qcqddr.jpg

Glad you found a nice one. I love mine.

IMG_4317_zps09qcqddr.jpg

when you showed me yours I was like "wow", 2 in a few months, and both nice copies...crazy how this hobby works sometimes

IMG_4317_zps09qcqddr.jpg

You two have the best copies that I'm aware of (and I thought my raw was pretty nice, around 6.0).

IMG_4317_zps09qcqddr.jpg

You two have the best copies that I'm aware of (and I thought my raw was pretty nice, around 6.0).

I only know of 7 copies out there...

Jbcomicbox

Sacentaur

October

Mine

Centaurman

The low grade eBay copy

Scrooges friend in IL

IMG_4317_zps09qcqddr.jpg

Now that's an absolutely beautiful looking copy! :cloud9:

Any idea why it received a CGC grade of only 7.5 when the book seems to present a lot nicer than that as based upon the front cover? hm

i believe only notes were 1/2" spine split