• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Centaur a day...Funny Picture Stories 2/5 upgrade
4 4

1,275 posts in this topic

Amazing mystery funnies v1,#4

Here's a copy that for over 10 years I never saw one surface for sale. I was fortunate enough to purchase this from a fellow boardie. And about a month or two later another nice example showed up in the market and was also purchased by a fellow boardie. So after not seeing any copy for almost 10 years all of a sudden two Newly surfaced copies! To me this is definitely one of the rarer centaurs in the hobby.

IMG_4317_zps09qcqddr.jpg

Glad you found a nice one. I love mine.

You two have the best copies that I'm aware of (and I thought my raw was pretty nice, around 6.0).

I only know of 7 copies out there...

Jbcomicbox

Sacentaur

October

Mine

Centaurman

The low grade eBay copy

Scrooges friend in IL

8. Here's the Larson.

20170130_172650_zpspz9uzzs1.jpg

Here's a copy that for over 10 years I never saw one surface for sale. I was fortunate enough to purchase this from a fellow boardie. And about a month or two later another nice example showed up in the market and was also purchased by a fellow boardie. So after not seeing any copy for almost 10 years all of a sudden two Newly surfaced copies! To me this is definitely one of the rarer centaurs in the hobby.

IMG_4317_zps09qcqddr.jpg

You two have the best copies that I'm aware of (and I thought my raw was pretty nice, around 6.0).

Jbcomicbox

Sacentaur

October

Mine

Centaurman

The low grade eBay copy

Scrooges friend in IL

8. Here's the Larson.

dude, trim those toenails :baiting:

IMG_4317_zps09qcqddr.jpg

Now that's an absolutely beautiful looking copy! :cloud9:

Any idea why it received a CGC grade of only 7.5 when the book seems to present a lot nicer than that as based upon the front cover? hm

i believe only notes were 1/2" spine split

I remember years ago when I was collecting AMF, I bought what was adv as a VG for $200. It was only a 2.5 or so, and I returned it. :facepalm:

IMG_4317_zps09qcqddr.jpg

Jbcomicbox

Sacentaur

October

Mine

Centaurman

The low grade eBay copy

Scrooges friend in IL

8. Here's the Larson.

dude, trim those toenails :baiting:

They're getting a little wily since I haven't been up in the mountains in a couple of weeks! I'll prune them down for the next boarding trip (thumbs u

Amazing mystery funnies v2/#1

This is the mile high/church copy, courtesy of a good buddy. This was the last amf I needed and proved to be the most difficult to locate.

IMG_4318_zpsvwbielcy.jpg

WOW

I have only seen one copy for sale, a low grader on eBay that brought really strong $$$.

This is the mile high/church copy, courtesy of a good buddy. This was the last amf I needed and proved to be the most difficult to locate.

IMG_4318_zpsvwbielcy.jpg

WOW

I have only seen one copy for sale, a low grader on eBay that brought really strong $$$.

luckily I had this one or I would have really caused that eBay copy to fetch an unreasonable price!

IMG_4318_zpsvwbielcy.jpg

WOW

luckily I had this one or I would have really caused that eBay copy to fetch an unreasonable price!

WOW!!!!! That is a cool book!!! I didn't realize how neat these earlier AMF covers were probably bc they don't get posted too often. This one is really intriguing it's like futuristic but the wardrobe almost ancient Egyptianesk. Then again when you contemplate what that society was able to accomplish they could be considered futuristic in their own right...The title Amazing Mystery fits the bill quite aptly here

IMG_4318_zpsvwbielcy.jpg

Too bad my copy is coverless, this is such an awesome cover. Since this issue seems so rare, my chances of finding a cover or a copy at all is slim, especially one I could ever afford.

IMG_4318_zpsvwbielcy.jpg

Love this cover. :) What a great series.

Amazing mystery funnies v2,#2

This is another very difficult issue to locate. In fact, the first 10 issues of this title represent about the best examples the publisher has to offer. Highly recommend them to anyone!

IMG_4319_zpspmse42ml.jpg

Edited by G.A.tor

This is another very difficult issue to locate. In fact, the first 10 issues of this title represent about the best examples the publisher has to offer. Highly recommend them to anyone!

IMG_4319_zpspmse42ml.jpg

My old copy. :cry:

I regret selling it. Maybe someday it will wing its way back to me.

IMG_4319_zpspmse42ml.jpg

I love this cover it has it all (color, composition, the girl, the bizarre masked villian, the sense of horror) and there is nothing like it.

Add that its impossible to find and a very early Everett with that monster Everett signature and it puts it over the top.

IMG_4319_zpspmse42ml.jpg

I love this cover it has it all (color, composition, the girl, the bizarre masked villian, the sense of horror) and there is nothing like it.

Add that its impossible to find and a very early Everett with that monster Everett signature and it puts it over the top.

This one is so Bad@$$!!!