• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Centaur a day...Funny Picture Stories 2/5 upgrade
4 4

1,275 posts in this topic

Amazing mystery funnies v2,#2

This is another very difficult issue to locate. In fact, the first 10 issues of this title represent about the best examples the publisher has to offer. Highly recommend them to anyone!

IMG_4319_zpspmse42ml.jpg

My old copy. :cry:

I regret selling it. Maybe someday it will wing its way back to me.

I love this cover it has it all (color, composition, the girl, the bizarre masked villian, the sense of horror) and there is nothing like it.

Add that its impossible to find and a very early Everett with that monster Everett signature and it puts it over the top.

I use to own one. Not for very long.

Amazing mystery funnies v2,#2

This is another very difficult issue to locate. In fact, the first 10 issues of this title represent about the best examples the publisher has to offer. Highly recommend them to anyone!

IMG_4319_zpspmse42ml.jpg

My old copy. :cry:

I regret selling it. Maybe someday it will wing its way back to me.

I love this cover it has it all (color, composition, the girl, the bizarre masked villian, the sense of horror) and there is nothing like it.

Add that its impossible to find and a very early Everett with that monster Everett signature and it puts it over the top.

I use to own one. Not for very long.

(worship):foryou:

Amazing mystery funnies v2, #4

This is the cosmic aeroplane copy. Obtained from a good boardie. I had the cgc 5.5 copy but traded it a few years ago to centaurman , as it was one of the last 10 or so he needed to complete

"Sand hogs" is what most collectors refer to this copy as!

IMG_4321_zpsolp74q11.jpg

This is the cosmic aeroplane copy. Obtained from a good boardie. I had the cgc 5.5 copy but traded it a few years ago to centaurman , as it was one of the last 10 or so he needed to complete

IMG_4321_zpsolp74q11.jpg

This is my favorite Centaur. Who is the cover artist? One of the greatest non-superhero comic covers of all time IMHO.

IMG_4321_zpsolp74q11.jpg

My old copy again. At least I was able to upgrade this one.

The Sands Hogs story was drawn by Gustavson, not so sure about this cover.

Part 1 is in this issue, Part 2 is in the next issue (AMF 2/5).

The entire story (12 pages) is reprinted in Amazing Adventure Funnies #2, fyi.

The coloring on that cover is amazing. The color gradations on the helmets, the almost abstract/modern colors to signify the dirt flying ... it's really ahead of its time. I can't think of any other covers from this time period that look like this. The Everett covers are cool, but very of their time (even a bit crude). This cover is something else.

Amazing mystery funnies v2,#5

Maybe the most desired issue of the entire run. Again, fortunate that a fellow boardie was kind enough to part with this copy. From the cosmic aeroplane pedigree.

IMG_4322_zpsyugcnao6.jpg

:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

My favourite! Great book Rick

Amazing mystery funnies v2,#5

Maybe the most desired issue of the entire run. Again, fortunate that a fellow boardie was kind enough to part with this copy. From the cosmic aeroplane pedigree.

IMG_4322_zpsyugcnao6.jpg

I remember being down at one of the SD Con's back in the early 90's and Pat Kochanek was raving about the Church copy of this book.

Apparently he thought the red, blue, and green color combination really brought the cover image to life. He stated that he always looked for these brighter colors in his comic book covers. hm