• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Centaur a day...Funny Picture Stories 2/5 upgrade
4 4

1,275 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

Star Comics 2/7

last issue

IMG_5161.JPG

This is a funny one that I don't think I've seen before. I like the kid getting blasted off his feet by the fire hydrant.

That was a great and obviously tough run of Star Comics. Thanks for posting them.

Just took some pics of the star rangers. Forgot how cool (and difficult ) some were. 

When I get to cowboy 13 bummed I didn't win the Berk (my copy is worse conditioned centaur in entire collection...would love an upgrade )

7 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

Star Ranger 1

first of 6 oversized Cheslers/pre centaurs . THis title has multiple name changes through the title, but the theme flows nicely. 

Once owned the Windy City copy , not sure where that one got off too

IMG_5224.JPG

We finally get to the good stuff. :banana:

(I have the Windy City by the way.)

1 minute ago, damonwad said:

We finally get to the good stuff. :banana:

(I have the Windy City by the way.)

Cool.  Always wondered who ended up with it when I sold it 

6 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

Star Ranger 2

Lost Valley pedigree 

if it makes anyone long for the "good ole days" the original price was a whopping $300 when the collection was first listed many moons ago

IMG_5225.JPG

The cover's subject matter fits with its being a Lost Valley book. 

3 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

Star Ranger 3

Lost Valley ped

IMG_5226.JPG

Another good Schwab cover and a great looking copy (even with the missing corner).

I was looking for a decent copy for 5 or 6 years and all of a sudden 3 of them come up for auction in about 3 months (Berk's being the last).

I won the second one offered but had to get it re-holdered. A big coincidence that it's due back the same day you post this copy. 

13 minutes ago, damonwad said:

Another good Schwab cover and a great looking copy (even with the missing corner).

I was looking for a decent copy for 5 or 6 years and all of a sudden 3 of them come up for auction in about 3 months (Berk's being the last).

I won the second one offered but had to get it re-holdered. A big coincidence that it's due back the same day you post this copy. 

They do tend to be cyclical 

you wont see any copy for years then "boom"

18 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

They do tend to be cyclical 

you wont see any copy for years then "boom"

I guess that's what we are seeing right now with these Amazing Mystery Funnies from both the Berk CC Auction and now in the current Heritage Auction.  (thumbsu

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

I guess that's what we are seeing right now with these Amazing Mystery Funnies from both the Berk CC Auction and now in the current Heritage Auction.  (thumbsu

Almost biblical proportions 

34 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:
2 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Almost biblical proportions 

To some that may have thought the Berk AMF's had gone for almost "highway robbery" prices, it looks like they may seem like an actual steal after the Heritage AMF's are all said and done.  hm  :blush:

19 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

To some that may have thought the Berk AMF's had gone for almost "highway robbery" prices, it looks like they may seem like an actual steal after the Heritage AMF's are all said and done.  hm  :blush:

Condition playing a big role in prices. 

None of berks were upgrades for me, but some of the heritage are

14 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

Star Ranger 5

have a couple of copies of this issue. One is signed by Fred Schwab himself 

"Have a Happy 4th Chuck...."

IMG_5230.JPG

IMG_5231.JPG

Two is better than one